JOIN CAFE CUP
Get cool Photoshop tips, tricks, discounts and announcements from PhotoshopCAFE. It's fast and free!
PHOTOSHOP TRAINING ON CD & DVD
Walk Through on installing the PhotoshopCAFE downloads
This tutorial will show you how to install and run the training that you have purchased from PhotoshopCAFE. If you have already downloaded the file, skip to step 5.
1. If you have an option to Open or save to file, choose the Save to file. This will allow the entire product to be saved to a location on your computer rather than a temporary destination
2. A dialog box will appear, choose a destination to save the file. Usually the desktop is a good choice. Take note of the loacation (desktop) and the filename (in this case its waxomw.zip)
3. Click Save
4. The file will now download to your computer, be patient because it is a rather large file and could take a while. Remember - "a watched pot never boils" So this may be a good time to go get a cuppa. It's best not to disturb your computer while it's downloading. (You can perform other functions if you prefer, but try not to use the internet for now as it will slow down the download process).
The file is now downloaded
5. Navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded file
On windows XP/Mac OSX Double click on the file (Other versions use Winzip or free winrar)
6. You will see the files on the right, you cannot use these yet because they are still in a compressed folder. Click the task "Extract all files".
7. The extraction Wizard will now open
8. Now we will decide where to put the program
Click the browse button
9. Choose a destination by clicking on the file structure on the left, it may be the desktop (You can always move it later)
10. We will want to put this inside it'ss own folder or you will have files all over the place. Click "make new folder"
11. Give your new folder an easily identifiable name. (Note if you have multiple PhotoshopCAFE products, put each one into it's own folder.)
12. Click OK
13. Click Next and the extraction process will begin
Note to Windows Vista Users: Do you have winzip? or Winrar? These are standard programs that everyone uses to open compressed files. You can get free evaluation copies from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm or winzip.com
The archive utility inside windows doesn't support 3rd party products very well.
14. When the extraction is complete, navigate to the new folder that you created. You should see all your files as shown. (If you don't go back to step 5 and carefully follow the instructions).
15. Double click on the start.exe file to run the training. (On mac run the start file)
Note: It's important that you don't move any of the files around within the structure. If you want to move the product, move the entire folder together.
Backing up to a CD: Take the entire contents of the folder as shown in Figure 11 and burn to disk. Do not include the parent folder (PhotoshopCAFE in this case) You should be able to run the program from a CD on mac or Windows.
If your issue isn’t resolved by these suggestions, Try the FAQ and then send an email to
Your Order number:
Platform .. ie MAC/WIN:
OS eg. OSX10.4, Win XP, XP SP2 etc:
Connection speed: Cable, DSL, Dialup (not recommened):
Your issue – Please include any error messages
We will work hard to resolve your issue as quickly as possible!