Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to save/close out a Flash movie with Swish...

How to save/close out a Flash movie with Swish...

Alright guys, I'm almost done with my first flash movie ever, and I'm pretty pumped. The only thing is, I don't know how to save it in the swf (I think that's right) format. Also, when I have watched Flash movies in the past, some of them load at the beginning and you need to press a button in order to get them to play once they are loaded, others start almost right away. Anyone care to explain how I would go about doing these things? I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks

Barrista
    well i can tell ya how to save it... the rest is up to someone else... i'm not sure but i think it's deals with scripting

anyway..

go to file>export>swf

that's it

Thanks realist. One more thing. I just realized that when I save it as a flash file, the proportions are too small. It looked bigger when I was making it, but failed to see that it was only because of the zoom. What can I do about this?

Barrista
    when you open the swf file it should be resizable... drag a corner to make sure i'm correct...

if so you should be able to set the size of the pop up when you add it to your site...

Excellent realist. Would you mind helping me out with one last thing? What's the code for setting the size and putting a flash file on a website?

Barrista
    i'll IM you and see what i can do to help

Regular
    the html for it

<embed height="xxx" width="xxx" src="www.urlofyourmovie/filename.swf">

XXX is the height and width in pixles of your movie, if you dont know them, check them out in the Movie tab, in the Swish

as far as your Question about load times,

it depends on the size of the movie.

if you have a 3 meg flash file you will want whats called a "pre-Loader" what it does it downloads all the info before it starts the movie, if you dont have a pre loader on it the movie will start to play... then stall when it gets to a point that hasnt been downloaded yet,

if the flash is just a few KB you dont have any need for a pre loader because the file is download by the time it starts playing..

to go about makeing a pre-loader in Swish...

make a new scene and make sure it is at the top of the list...

name it loader if you want... make a short animation like

Loading....please wait......

then in the window with all the actions and everything you have the names of all the different things.. if you named the scene "loader" thats what it will say at the very top of that window

you see in this pic it says 'Scene 1'
    http://www.swishzone.com/images/v2_screenshot.gif

right click on that up there and add an action, it should be called "if frame loaded"
    or "goto if loaded' or somthing [im doing this off the top of my head because I dont have swish installed right now

then tell it to load the frist scene of your movie... make sure to also add another action on the same line right after the "if frame loaded" action to "goto frame 1 of "loader"" so that it repeats untill that scene untill the other scenes are loaded

something I made with swish
    I also did the sound track for it

http://neechi.com/railsniper.html

[Edited on 3-11-2002 by NastyYellowSnowKnight]

Barrista
    cool game nasty

level 6 is heca hard!

Regular
    got a tip if you cant get passed a level

right click the movie and pause it LMAO!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast