Thread: How NOT TO autofit flash website when resizing browser?

How NOT TO autofit flash website when resizing browser?

I am trying to create a flash website, my document size is 1024 X 766 pixels. My goal- when I publish it and view it in the browser, when I resize the browser window I DO NOT WANT the website to scale up/down accordingly.

At the moment my flash website is scaling according to the resizing of the browser window which is causing awful aliasing to my logo (jagged edges). The logo is 250 x 50 and I don't want the logo to change size while resizing the browser window. And at the moment the logo is growing or shrinking when changing the browser window.

I spent about 3 hours in Google to no avail.

Please help me.

What must be my Document setting and Publish settings to achieve that?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ellis123; 04-27-2012 at 10:26 AM.

<insert standard "don't build full Flash sites" comment here>

If the site is resizing you probably have the width/height in the Publish Settings to a percentage (ex: 100%). You will want to change it to a pixel value (ex: 1024 px). The other option is to set no scale in the Flash file.

At the top of your Flash action panel on frame 1 or in your Document Class, depending on your setup, place the following:

Code:

// don't scale the swf no matter what
    stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;

// align the elements to the top left of the screen (you can also center it, if you prefer)
    stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

Hope that helps,
    Matt
    Founder, PixelBit
    Follow me: twitter / Facebook