Thread: Thoughts on my portfolio

Thoughts on my portfolio

your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated on my new portfolio

http://www.colexions.com/cbuckner

also, I welcome your thoughts about http://www.colexions.com as a whole.

Thanks a lot

First impressing is dull! Don't like the blue header, it looks to much like the tutorials about those kind of headers. The gradient isn't nice it hurts my eyes. I like a gradient that blends in one color to the other.

The slider (first page) has engine problems, it doesn't run smooth. Be aware of the lots of spamm you get when inserting an email address like you do in the footer. The search button is to smaal for the member search and to big for the other search!

ABOUT COLEXIONS is nice and centered, KNOWME CODES isn't!?

A lot to do but I would say :"back to the drawing board!" Just my 2 cents....

I can appreciate the overall concept of the app, but really think you need to redesign, like Hermie said. If this is a "for fun" project then leave it as-is, but if this is a more professional endeavor, as it seems than it needs some love.

1. To start, the logo looks like it has a "no" as in its banned (visually)
    2. The site needs more structure, feels very loose right now.
    3. Change default link colors and attributes, build a brand out of your site layout/design
    4. The "NEXT" button looks nothing like the other elements, need to keep it consistent.
    5. If this a "creative network" why would a member have a blog? Do/offer one thing and do it well.

However, most importantly, verify your $_GET data and NEVER allow that $_GET data to interact with your database before being properly sanitized. This is a harmless example but could have severe consequences in the wrong hands.

http://www.colexions.com/?p=show&s=never

Don't mean to rip apart your site, but you did ask for comments/crits.

Matt
    Last edited by mkeefe; 11-21-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Founder, PixelBit
    Follow me: twitter / Facebook

very good feedback guys, and I do value the sources. I appreciate it, and yes, this kind of "ripping" is percisely what I was seeking. Thanks a million.

Thanks for the feedback, this is good stuff, especially the SQL injection reminder.

re: why it has a blog, because some of my creative friends are writers/journalists & do not have $$$ for websites.
    Last edited by pthought; 11-21-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Made another round of updates. Thoughts???