Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jagged stroke line around image

Jagged stroke line around image

Hi I have put a black border around this image to better portray the jagged line I am getting when applying a stroke to this image. Is there anyway to avoid this? I used the pen tool to get the shape. Thanks
    [img][/img]

Do you have the little box turned on for anti-aliasing?

Hi dont think I am using little box for anti-aliasing .. have repeated steps I used to make image and do not see an anti aliasing box .. i am using CS4. Thanks

Jaggged Lines on selection

Hi found anti aliasing in make selection dialogue box and yes it was turned on

Hi I went to use this design again and am still having the same issues. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

wotnow, welcome to the Café.

My first choice would be to use a vector program such as Illustrator to create that simple shape.

Nice crisp edges, resolution free, can resize, no jaggies and easy edit.

Hope that helps.

Kathryn

[Edited on 5/20/2011 by KRB]

Hi thanks for your suggestion .. I am not so familiar with Illustrator but I had a go and when I saved it as a gif and then pasted it over my photo .. I had the same issue.

sorry forgot to include image

Hi wotnow,

Don't save it as a gif, copy the whole shape to your clipboard > Open your image you want to use in photoshop > then paste the shape as a smart object.

Hi Thanks for the update but like I mentioned before, I am not very familiar with Illustrator. Cannot find copy to clipboard in the file menu and the only thing close is save a copy which creates an ai file on desktop which I then tried using place command and nothing. Is it not possible to create this shape in photoshop CS4?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast