Thread: Photoshop metallic paper effect?

Photoshop metallic paper effect?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a metallic paper similar to this?

I would be grateful with any help? Please!!

I'm a lazy ass fate, I would download a copy of onOne PhotoFrame 4.5 Pro and overlay a metal background layer on a paper layer, or just use one of the thousands of presets there. But that's just me...lazy.
    coocoo
    http://www.ononesoftware.com/downloa...prodLine_id=18

Its a colored gradient
    Then they added some noise. Not too hard really

Originally posted by kiwicolin
    Its a colored gradient
    Then they added some noise. Not too hard really
    I tried that previously, but it still doesn't look the same. I created a color gradient fill, then added some noise and the light, but it still doesn't have the metallic look to it.

The light doesn't look right too. I tried all the different options on photoshop for the light, i can't get a straight beam of light.

if someone has any idea, please let me know.

[Edited on 6/9/2010 by fateNdestinee]

[Edited on 6/9/2010 by fateNdestinee]

When you do the gradient. make sure it has 3 shades so it shows the light part in the middle

Light Alchemist
    try this:
    Set your background to white, two colors in the tool palette, purple and blue.
    Select the gradient tool. In the gradient editor, select Foreground to Transparent. Make the first color gradient, then the second color gradient while leaving a white band down the middle.
    Add Noise.

Ron

Ahh!!! I never thought of adding another band in the middle and having two layers together. Thank you very much for your detailed response Ron. Thanks too kiwi!!!

I was thinking of how to do this for two days!!! You two are great!! I've added more stops with a few more colors.

It's not exact, but it's pretty close. Thank you so much both of you!! I really do appreciate it!

you two rock!!!

[Edited on 6/10/2010 by fateNdestinee]

Thankx for sharing this I think I'll try to use this effect.

Duplicate your band and set the top band to bury or bendable light, pass4sure 000-105 again play with the levels and curves to get the ablaze administration right. pass4sure 642-447 Curves can be added too. Sometimes if you add a photo clarify acclimation band and add a actual actual bendable cast of blue, pass4sure JN0-101 can help.