Thread: Making a Blinkie

CarrotSails

Making a Blinkie

Hello,

I would like to make an animated blinkie for advertising my blog. I use Photoshop CS4 Extended and when I follow every single tutorial out there for making a blinkie they reference clicking "Image Ready" but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. It seems a pretty simple process to make a blinkie, by just making sure each part of the animation is an individual layer, etc., but once the animation part hits, with this Image Ready issue, I'm stumped. Where is it hiding?

Whats a blinkie?

If your referring to the seizure-inducing flashing animation, sorry I won't show anyone how to make those. They are irresponsible and should be outlawed.

CarrotSails
    Here is an example of a blinkie I have on my blog. This one isn't mine and this isn't my blog, this is how I copied the html to place this blinkie onto my blog.

http://scrapbook.creativebusyhands.c...y-blinkie.html

I don't know if this is what you're referring to seizure-inducing flashing animation, but I'd rather know how to make a blinkie, despite any political opinion. They are important to share, in my field of work, and I need one to share with those who want to promote my business. I would like to make my own vs having someone make one for me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciate

Well, that example it's pretty soft, easy to your eyes, and not anoying at all... but I have to agree to Colin, those flashy banners are terrible!

If you don't have Imageready, you have to do it in some Gif animator software, there are some freewares to do this. You can do each frame in separate layers in photoshop, and import separately in a Gif Animator software. Remember any subtle transition or element move will be a frame, so soft transition or movements requires more frames.

The best way t do it it's searching a freeware, with some kind of Help file or Tutorial attached.

Good luck

CarrotSails
    I don't understand why this can't be done in Photoshop CS4. It seems all the tutorials are for lower version of Photoshop, why would it not be able to be done in CS4?

open the animation panel in Photoshop Window>Animation

Now use the timeline just like the one in Imageready, you can even change it to display frames

I thought you were referring to the rapidly flashing blinking animation. This is a nice soft, slow animated gif, perfectly ok

CarrotSails
    Thank you.