Thread: looking for help desining marketing material. startup

looking for help desining marketing material. startup

Hello Community!

I am an entrepreneur who bootstrapping a startup called freeltor.com

our mission is to give freedom to sellers in selling their home with fermium service.

The Rub:

I'm looking to get a whole redesign of my marketing material.

2. banner
    3. brochure.
    3. website design for cart, form,

i have most of the content and i can purchase pics on istockphoto if need be.

as I mentioned I'm bootstrapping, so there is no budget. I'm really looking for someone who is interested in experience, credit, good vibes. etc… I would be eternally grateful

please email me at manzanony@gmail.com to discuss.

the site is up freeltor.com But I'm looking to give it a whole redesign.

Sorry ... good vibes don't pay the bills or put food on the table. I'd be surprised if you get anyone gullible enough here to take you up on this.

"our mission is to give freedom to sellers in selling their home with fermium service."

You might get further if you left the pseudo company jargon at the door and just came out and said what you were really doing.

YOUR mission is to strike it rich with a website but you don't know design. What you need is a gullible partner who will benefit IF this project takes off. But since statistics clearly show that these types of "startups" almost NEVER go anywhere, I'll give you advice to get what you are looking for.

1. If there is no WE, just say ME.
    2. Raise some money.
    3. Don't ask for FREE help if your FREE service charges $500 a pop.
    4. Don't treat designers like we are unintelligent.
    5. If you're serious about business, then take the design and marketing serious.
    6. Do a cost analysis for the services you are asking for and consider if you should be on a message board asking for free services.

Just some thoughts.

Originally posted by pthought
    "our mission is to give freedom to sellers in selling their home with fermium service."

You might get further if you left the pseudo company jargon at the door and just came out and said what you were really doing.

YOUR mission is to strike it rich with a website but you don't know design. What you need is a gullible partner who will benefit IF this project takes off. But since statistics clearly show that these types of "startups" almost NEVER go anywhere, I'll give you advice to get what you are looking for.

1. If there is no WE, just say ME.
    2. Raise some money.
    3. Don't ask for FREE help if your FREE service charges $500 a pop.
    4. Don't treat designers like we are unintelligent.
    5. If you're serious about business, then take the design and marketing serious.
    6. Do a cost analysis for the services you are asking for and consider if you should be on a message board asking for free services.

Just some thoughts.

Cant agree More.....

Alright i'm all for FREE work and "helping out" but this is just ridiculous. Can you come by my house
    and redo my roof, driveway and paint it. Oh I will give you credit in the form of a contractor sign on
    the lawn and if I win any "cool house awards" I will split the profit with you.

Matt

sure thing matt. i will be right over. only the only materials i have for a roof is bamboo and straw, as that's what we use here. the driveway won't be so hot either, as we use mud bricks made from water buffalo poop. just put the following on my sign:

Village Construction Inc.
    A creative company formed
    by outta work graphic designers
    No job too too small
    (but must fit on 1400x900 screen)

Barrista
    lol, I'll do your work if you come and fly to England and refurbish my bathroom? If you do a good job I'll tell all my friends about you.

I'll also allow you to put pics in your portffolio. The best thing is you'll get a good vide and job satisfaction. How about a deal then?

ThatOne
    Yo man I got you covered, I'll work for good vibes. Here's a preview of what I can do for the first half of your webpage. Just give me some direction about the lower half and I can do that part for you too.

(be sure to zoom in to get the full effect)

Your old site:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/280jc01.jpg

Your totally righteous soon-to-be new site!:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/n2jrxv.jpg

[Edited on 4/10/2010 by ThatOne]

[Edited on 4/10/2010 by ThatOne]