After a lot of hassle I've finally managed to get a website up. Check it out-comments are always welcomed.
Critiques welcome? If not, skip my reply.
1. Keep the stylesheet in a separate file.
2. If you want to be found by search engine, more text on the first page would be good. Keep in mind that seo works in the way tt first page is usually the most important and subsequent pages get their "page juice" from the index.
3. Use proper headers for pages. e.g.
4. Proper page titles please!
5. Contact form would be a bonus, I didnt expect to saw what I see on contact page.
1. Centralised alignment is one of the hardest to read.
2. I would think harder and write better for the contents in the site, at the moment, it does not sound persuasive enough to get you business or interest from visitors.
1. Generally, you need a consistent flow/theme to the design, all elements should gear towards 1 single direction - portrayal of your identity.
2. Colour scheme is pretty ok, except that the black bg for the navigation is too stark of an contrast to the mellow feel of the site.
3. The shadow underneath "digital" is too dark and really amateurish looking. "larry trupp.com" is not totally readable as it overlaps, in honesty, the colours are too near.
4. A darker background might be more "impactful".
5. The email icon seems to be "floating" and not integrated with the design
6. "next page" icon does not fit in with design as well. Its like a web2.0-ish design element sticking out of some mellow classy web layout.
Ok. Thats about all that I see at the moment. Let me know what you think.
[Edited on 11/23/2009 by rAyVoLvEz]
Thanks for your input Elaine-I agree with a lot of what you have said.
It's been quite a learning experience but I hope I'm getting better with practice.
You have always taken the time to critique in full-I've not always heard what I've wanted to hear but have to admit your comments are generally spot on.
Looking forward to the revisions
Looking forward to seeing the revisions myself. I am fan of white space when it is used correctly. I like the way that you use for the home page. It does make me want to explore the site further. Good work so far.
Here's the site after a lot of changes-for the better I hope. (Sister's idea for the text on the home page)
I'm using Lightbox2 for the images and have been trying to get the grayed out overlay to gray out everything in back of the image. I've tried the z indexing in Dreamweaver CS4 but still unable to get it rite-any thoughts.
Still have the writing to do so it's not quite finished.
[Edited on 12/7/2009 by canon5d]
I like your fonts, colors and background.
I don't like how you have to hover the cursor just below the text to follow the link. And on the misc. gallery 1 page the links are missing.
I think your site is yet not uploaded? I had visited your website and showing "Be Back Soon".
Originally Posted by canon5d
Last edited by Mike Toom; 09-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.