Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool Home Business using Photoshop

photoshopdudeman

Cool Home Business using Photoshop

Found a company that helps people turn a Photoshop hobby into a fully fledged business. Small startup cost considering the income they claim you can make. Thought it was worth sharing the info.

Company Name: New Photo Works
    URL: www.newphotoworks.com

Barrista
    I think I'd probably trust an online service more if their entire website wasn't just a huge image... nice try though.

Yipes, me thinks the poster here is perpetrating a scam. Let's see if he is around to make post number 2.

Man, he's living the web designer's dream.

If I could get away with just image mapping an entire image and calling it a website, I would. Damn visually impaired people..

http://picturegraphs.com/newphotowor...kfromhome.html

I personally would be VERY SKEPTICAL.

NewPhotoWorks business packages start at: $1950 USD.
    Earnings between $15000 and $45000 per year working part time.
    Income levels cannot be guaranteed.

Hmm.... maybe it's just me.
    Here is a website I got from watching CNN news the other night.
    http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com/

[Edited on 2/19/2009 by KRB]

photoshopdudeman
    yeh this is genuine.

Owner is a friend of mine and I am doing quite well out of it.

They started it from scratch and now have major partnerships with Kodak in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. The owner thought it was finally time to branch out further and help some more people turn their Photoshop hobbies into businesses.

I guess it's a sad state of affairs when a genuine opportunity gets overshadowed with cynicism. To be expected I guess. (wow, cynicism is contagious)

Note on the website single image post: "Good designers do things because they can, great designers do things because they need to."

They actually don't sell anything to anyone until they have spoke on the phone and gone through a suitability assessment with interested parties.

I am sure there are more cynical comments on the way... sad.

[Edited on 2/19/2009 by photoshopdudeman]

Barrista
    Well, at least you're not an idiot. (that isn't sarcasm, it's truly nice to see a relatively well articulated reply after being called out, usually doesn't happen)

If it is legit, which I am still finding a hard time believing, that website needs to reflect it. Tell your owner friend to get his shit together. A website like that won't fool anybody on this forum, although maybe we aren't the proper target market.

There sure are... I mean.. your most likely expecting the comments when of course you become a member on here to spam/advertise something. Try talking about something that people care about rather than trying to get them to spend 2k on something that will end up being useless in the end. If anyone has entered this topic and is actually wonder how to start a graphic design business... I suggest building a portfolio and just have fun with it; eventually people will want something done and you will get paid for it.

While I understand your shock at the responses, don't be. This is a group of super successful, entry level and hobbyist designers, but we all dislike "spammy" topics. In this case its not that spammy, but comments like:

"Good designers do things because they can, great designers do things because they need to."

Makes me unsure of a company or person. That quote should clearly be:

"Good designers do things because they can, great designers do things because its the right way".

Here is how that site looks to Google (read: any search engine)

Any professional or non-professional will tell you this is unacceptable. But wait, its worse.. I want to copy/paste your contact info, but I can't, so I mis-type a number and get a "call cannot be completed", so I move on.

If you don't see what I am saying here, that is fine, but don't discount it because anyone on this or any board will tell you, SEO is not a fad or a trend, its a necessity to live on the web.

Matt

that's just strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast