Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Image on bus :: Staff Pick

it`s so real
    at the first i actually believe it =))

Thanks for the comments guys.
    One of the main problems with this brief was that the design had to be able to fit onto at least 3 different bus makes, which meant slightly different sizes, and placement of the original bus' taillights, windows, grilles etc. I wanted the illustrated "truck" to use the actual bus' lights.

In the past I would have found a truck/bus to photograph for the bodywork etc, but this time I created all the bodywork in 3D (Vue 5 Infinite), as well as all the crates. Creating the bodywork this way helped me to be able to position things to work as best posible with the bus lights etc.

I positioned all the crates in the back of the created truck, and rendered them in Vue 5 Infinite. The driver was posed and rendered in Poser, as well as the pigeons. I then lit actual Orangina bottles, and shot plenty different angles, and then dropped them all in in Photoshop... adding a bit of blurred motion for the wobbling effect. The scene through the front window is a photograph, as is my dog, and the little bit of string on the sliding door handle.

In Photoshop, I added the rivets to the truck bodywork, as well as some dings, dents and rust, and general wear & tear. The "Shake it" sign was done completely in Photoshop.

The file was worked at 300 dpi, at 10% of the final size (typical requirements for this type of image). My final layered file weighed in at around 1.5 GB, and the final flattened file to client was around 50 MB.

By the way SF, I didn't use a concept sketch, and rarely do! I prefer to make it up as I go along.

Olie, as I say, I very rarely work to roughs, partly because I can't draw (if I could draw like you, or Randy Toons, I might well sketch a bit first!). But mainly because I really like to let an image evolve. What I do though, is firmly fix in my mind what the intended communication is, and then I try to add the details and elements that appeal to my sense of humour. By the way, please don't tell my clients this!!!

The client is submitting this for some Outdoor awards, so here's hoping!

Here's what the final file to client looked like, next to the actual bus:

[Edited on 12/29/2007 by dogtrombone]

Regular
    I like the concept its great!

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Web Designer Philippines | SEO Philippines

Barrista
    A quality piece of work (but what're the flying things?)

Originally posted by interstellar
    A quality piece of work (but what're the flying things?)
    As Spike Milligan once said, "Dems is pigeons"

Regular
    I love IT!!!

....would make me swerve while the kids tried to catch a few bottles...lol..excellent work

TheSecret

Barrista
    I love it, But I am a little worried why the logo doesnt stand out more.

Thanks Secret.

Gankstah, the idea was to make the "truck" look a bit old and cranked, therefore it was agreed that the logo needed to look a bit washed out and faded. Brave (and unusual) of the client, but Orangina is a big, well-known brand in the UK, and these busses would be out and about at the same time as a TV campaign.

Regular
    Unbelievable. So real...
    This work deserve an award.
    Thats why i love this forum, so many artists and amazing works.

Regular
    You are so,so good at what you do, boy are you talented!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast