Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing business cards in Illustrator CS3

The Appearances are not Expanded so therefore you SHOULD only have one card not multiple cards.

All you can do Daz is fill out Adobeís Bug form and submit.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/...?name=wishform

so everything works fine...except that only the balck was copied over from PS to OI i did everything it said to im a newbie at AI so its probably something simple...anyone know what?

Decaf
    Hello,

I have designed a business card in illustrator cs3. The size of the graphics is 55 mm x 85 mm. I would like to print 10 on one page is there an easy way to do this and I can't find where to set the dpi in illustrator cs3,
    Thanks

Follow Philips tutorial.
    To set the ppi in Illustrator to go File > New > (advance) > Raster Effects

OR

Effect > Document Raster Effects Settings.

Light Alchemist
    Nice tut. I'll have to print it out and apply the steps when setting up for BC production on the Xerox Docucolor. I like the fact that if a correction needs to be made, it is done on one card and auto-updated on the rest. That right there saves a great amount of time.

dpi is print resolution for final output controlled through the print driver and printer
    ppi is for on-screen resolution for displayed raster images in the work area.

afaik, on-screen ppi is independent from dpi print resolution.
    ...low resolution jpegs will not print any better than the image file being used.

Ron

The long tutorial comment seems to cover everything nicely. Just remember to print out a test sheet first before trying it out on your business card paper because there's almost always a problem with the first print. A few adjustments as needed will be enough to correct any mishaps, though.

Way to go above and beyond Neal! I would suggest to just follow Nealís tutorial and just make sure to print a test sheet on normal paper, then hold it up to your card sheet just to be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12