Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The League Dies...

Barrista

The League Dies...

Hey everyone!
    I wish i could say this is to be happy, but i dont think it is... (its not to cry either )

So, after a long chat i had with some players of this league, i concluded that .... the league is dead!! i mean, its frozen, there's no movement...

I say, let's bring it to an end. it's "Sad but True" - Metallica, hehe...

So who agrees??

but, and this is totally my opinion: i would like to see it rebuild, born from the ashes, as the mighty phoenix!! i would like to help starting a second season, more powerfull than ever...
    of course this could only be done if there's enough ppl interested (wich i dont see nowadays...)

What all ya say??

Lebowski shrugs on his mantle of power, standing before the League. The fate of mankind rests upon his shoulders as the world looks to the League for salvation from this dark evil called stagnation.

"I say we FIGHT!"

[that was a lot cooler in my head, what with the roaring soundtrack of heavy drums and whatnot]

Designer of Life
    I cant help but to say that it is dead.

To me, its a dream shattered. As many would have seen, the furthest we went was only round 10 out of 34 and the knockout that we attempted is gone without news.

I'm sad. Of course perhaps a new league, or maybe not. It really depends.

Barrista
    I think it needed a way to reinvent itself.

It doesn't mean we can't battle no more?!?! A lot of people are very busy with there work and don't have much time to do a lot of stuff. I'm open for everybody if they want to have a battle with me....

Regular
    Ok, i would say one of the reasons why the league 'died' is because of the scale.

When it was up, it wasnt realy anyones priority after a while, so maybe someone or some people should collaberate and create a proper website that contains entry forms and a means of uploading images, posting votes etc.

If we made it more than a thread in a forum, more people could sign up, more leagues could be created, sponsors could be involved after a while giving incentives to people to actualy keep getting involved in their battles.

Basicaly im saying with a big effort from the people that still want the league to happen, it could potentialy turn into a large scale, popular, photoshop.. thing lol. I just think, the larger scale it is, the more people will want to carry on, because as one person starts to loose interest because they are out of their league or something, it will snowball and more and more peopel will quit.

Just an idea

Designer of Life
    Many things are usually easier said than done. I'm not doubting the possibility of a website with all that u say. but it is no piece of cake to do it. I would put up my skills for it, but programming, database, uploading etc is way beyond me and my little abilities.

Sponsors.. It began as a platform to learn, to have fun, not to win, its not even something that is prize-oriented like competition, it is just for fun. And for one thing, I would admit frankly enough that it is beyond my powers and abilities to find a international sponsor.

Dying efforts were made to end it proper with a knockout battle to decide the final league winner but knockout could not even continue till the second round. even in first round with many who said they are willing to do it for a proper closure, only 4 pairs made it. And even when 2 pairs made it to second round, voting was never done properly.

Reason why PM has to make this thread. because I'm too sad and depressed to say another word. Contradictory yes, because here I am, nearly typing a full essay.

Words can never find its way to express the amount of anguishing pain I feel deep within me because it was an idea buried, further than 6 feet down and most probably with no hope of revival. From 18 to 10 to 8 to 5 left. We started well and good but we didn't even last 1 third of it. I watched this league grow, matures, then slowly fade and eventual death.

What more can I say but only to mourn the death of it? I guess there isn't a further need to say a word more.

This could be like one of those times where they put together a new Justice League every few years. I totally call dibs on Green Lantern!

Seriously, though, I like JMe's idea. I would definitely be interested in helping any way I can.

I mean, come on, a cool ring that generates psychokinetic green energy? AND a bad-ass suit? Come on...

Barrista
    I completly agree with JMe, less the sponsors part, cos this is just for fun...

Just lets rebuild a new league!!!

Regular

build it and they will come

In field of dreams w/ Kevin Cosner there is a quote: If you build it they will come. well if you build the PS League, I would like to take part in this.. i am not sure if i am good enough for it though but i would like to give it a shot.

xoxo
    amerianna.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast