Hi,

I'm rather new to the forum and relatively new to Flash. I'm using Flash 8. There is something I know can be done rather easily, but I guess I've been reading so much I can't see the forest any longer - I could use a little clarity please.

In short, we like to promote our employees so there is one part of our intranet where we just have a "slide show" of their images playing. Right now there is about 30 folks I cycle through.

Initially, I just created this as an animated GIF, but it's very linear (plays the first image, then 2nd, then 3rd and so on). So I needed to find a way to randomize it.

I got that figured out by using code to randomly jump to different labels on my timeline.

What I really want to do, however, is have a pool of images and then have Flash just load the JPGs into a Movie Clip...then fade out and load another.

This would be easy to maintain when we add or remove folks (versus having to go back in and change the timeline). I'm sure it has something to do with arrays - but I just got myself very lost.

Any help at all would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.