Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: d'r-studio got ripped again!

Barrista
    good news elaine i was right about that he's just a reseller i contacted liquidsnet and did a livechat session send the email to them and they will investigate. And btw did you contacted slicemydesign.com too?

Your session reference number is 3081349
    You are chatting with Vince
    You hello
    Vince hi wasriyah
    You hi i have a question about 50web.com
    You i believe he/she is a cutomer of you
    You customer
    You one of his members is ripping html/css code from a friend of mine
    You and he wont take actions
    Vince I think you have already stated the problem to one of my clients
    Vince Can I ask you to send us the required e-mail
    Vince with the needed informatiob
    Vince *information
    Vince so we can investigate
    You yes i will make sure she send you the nessacary info
    You immo he dont know nothing about coding at all
    You cause he's talking about content instead of code
    You i just wanna make sure you guys are aware of the issue thats why i wanted to talk directly to you
    Vince Well as soon as we receive the needed information we will look at the matter immediately
    You ok thx a lot
    You you will hear from us soon

[Edited on 2/17/2007 by w@rtistic]

Barrista
    did some research about liquidnet ltd. i found out that they joined the same thing my host do.

In accordance with this Code of Ethics, LiquidNet Ltd. is required to resolve customer disputes promptly and professionally.

In the event that that you face a dispute with LiquidNet Ltd. and a satisfactory resolution was not provided in accordance with this Code, you may post a review of your experience with LiquidNet Ltd..

LiquidNet Ltd. is expected to respond to your review and resolve the matter satisfactorily in accordance with the Code within 14 working days - failing which we may review their Hosting Code of Ethics membership status based on their overall review ratings.

Disclaimer: Your use of this Code of Ethics Program and the Verified Seal are bound by our Terms of Use.

Barrista
    omfg after some googling i found out that 50web.com is a reseller of liquidnet ltd, and liquidnet ltd is a reseller of resellerpanel.com so i talked what i thought was the helpdesk of liquid ltd turned out it was the helpdesk of all 2 of them ghehehe and he remembered me too! asked why i didnt send the email yet and as i look at the price of the hosting pack i know for sure there's even a bigger fish. lol

Regular
    Am I gonna have to play Lawyer for you again Ray?

Designer of Life
    Thanks Jusu.. I'm glad too that I didn't need to use them..

Thanks Colin.. I wouldnt be surprised to see if his works in the source all has the line "saved from www.somewebsite.com" and seriously, he is a terrible ripper who doesn't wipe his mouth after stealing food..

Now I really wish that ripperhunting is back online, sadly its down until late 2007..

I feel much better after a night, its Chinese New Year and a good school break, I shouldnt let this get to me..

Thanks Tiono(w@rtistic), thanks for all the help So what do I have to do next?

FX, I wouldnt mind if you want to play Mr Westfall again

[Edited on 2/18/2007 by rAyVoLvEz]

One thing I personally do against rippers is placing "morse-pixels" all over my websites. Basically I build the string "copyright by wischnewski.us" in morse-code [one dot = one pixel, one line = 2 pixels] and hide it somewhere in the image, adjusting the color to be just a few levels above the usual color (e.g. if the original image, or part of it, is colored in #000000 I'd choose #000015 for my copyright notice).
    That makes it barely visible without zooming inside, and even if my images are altered via hue/saturation adjustments, it still exists without becoming more visible.

Once I found someone who actually ripped one of my personal websites to turn it into a "professionals portfolio" - when I found that out, I created a special html-page with screenshots of the copyright notice on the "desginers" website, and sent this link to all of his customers. Several days later, his layout had changed, and when I visited again after 2 month it was comlpetely gone... Guess his customers didn't like the idea of having paid for [probably] ripped websites themselves.

[Edited on 18.2.2007 by Coke1984]

Barrista
    send the email you've sent to me to resellerpanel.com they run the show of those 3 hosting company's. include also the mail records from your first contact to the last one. also its maybe good to mention that he ripped slicemydesign.com too or maybe verify first at slicemydesign.com if they gave permission or not.

[Edited on 2/18/2007 by w@rtistic]

Designer of Life
    coke > it was a code and css style rip.. thanks for the morse code suggestion though..

tiono > i have emailed slicemydesign.com but no news as yet.. thanks for all the help.. you're great pal!

Regular
    Imitation is the sincerest flattery.
    -Mohandas Gandhi

I would be angry too, but you are so talented you have to expect this to happen. There are all kinds of creeps out there, but don't let it raise your blood pressure, just take it as a compliment.

Designer of Life
    reflect, I guess we have to agree to disagree here.. Perhaps imitation is the sincerest flattery but imitation is imitation, not theft, imitation means you try to emulate, theft is you just take whatever people do and claim it your own..

thanks for the compliment.. but i'm not talented..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast