Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ripped d'r-studio's background image!

Barrista
    wow i cant believe i missed these posts. Its sad to see something like that. Whats even sadder is it wouldnt of been that hard to recreate. Its just sad he couldnt of just said you inspired that part. But blatant rip imo. You need to learn to be a professional experiance. Now its time to experiance the reality for your actions. Sad to have to learn this way. Goodluck hopefully this never happends again.

A teacher at my school where i graduated. Was a Art Director on the west coast at one point. She was giving someone a interview and he had in his portfolio this piece. She asked him when he created the piece etc. To bad this work he had was a printed publication she happend to design which was awarded. Somehow he must of had a high rez version from it getting out there. It happends alot.

I hate to see creative people have there ideas/work stolen. Ray i would suggest trying to have his school teach a copyrighting/trademarking class. But on the otherhand there is no international copyright law. But obviously it will be frowned upon. I consider you a true member of this cafe.

Barrista
    Originally posted by Gankstah
    But on the otherhand there is no international copyright law.
    Au contraire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_C...Artistic_Works

It's not universal, but it IS international. Singapore entered the convention in 1998. As such, it is my understanding that US copyright law is applied to work originating from Singapore with the same protection as it would have if it originated from the US.

[Edited on 11/8/2006 by Phil_The_Rodent]

Urgh...rippers...

I've written to Xanga twice about THIS & it's still there. I've been ripped a few times (that I know of because people alerted me), but it makes you wonder how much more is out there.

I know how you feel. It's outrageous.

Designer of Life
    The most outrageous has to be him daring to post it in the photoshopCafe where it was evident enough that i spend enough time in here..

Then the most ridiculous has to be him trying to push off the blame to poor Google when the search engine has not even indexed my site's images(barely 2 weeks old revamped site)

The most unacceptable, his strewn and hurling of vulgarities, indignation and finally accusation of me being unprofessional for standing up against rippers and standing up for intellectual property rights.

I hate rippers and I'm anti rippers.

I saw that Digi, that sucks, how can she ripped your image.. that was pure mean.. and it really sucks..

we need places like ripperhunting.com to be up again..

HannahLyn
    Thanks for this great forum. I am very new here.

Thanks for sharing.

Simulation pret

Regular
    ok i have a question, i agree with you Rayv 100%, i had a blatant rip not long ago of, believe it or not, my entire logo. there was another company with the same name and they took my entire AMG logo, didnt even try to change it, not even the colors, when i confronted him on it he tried to say he thought it was his! WHAT? how is that even possible lol anyway my question is this, i mean no disrespect at all but im wondering if im just not seeing an aspect of your ripped image? on my laptop it appears to just be a gradiant gray to black, wouldnt it have been easy to duplicate instead of rip? i agree his reaction confirms that it was a blatant rip but how did you know it was yours when you saw it? again no dissrespect, just a quesstion

Designer of Life
    Originally posted by AMGStudios
    anyway my question is this, i mean no disrespect at all but im wondering if im just not seeing an aspect of your ripped image? on my laptop it appears to just be a gradiant gray to black, wouldnt it have been easy to duplicate instead of rip? i agree his reaction confirms that it was a blatant rip but how did you know it was yours when you saw it? again no dissrespect, just a quesstion
    this is really an old post.

there was a white and grey line somewhere near the top, then the black to grey gradient. exactly the same, of course, it wouldn't be hard to replicate.

but. the file size, file dimensions was EXACTLY the same. and well from his response.

Regular
    oh yea, i agree his response sealed the deal lol, i was just curious, didnt mean to reopen an old topic, didnt even look at when it was posted, just got carried away with the reading is all lol no biggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12