Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What version of Photoshop do you use?

i use cs2 in school and 7 occassionally..

Regular
    here's one, just this week my CS crashed and I am getting an error that it wont launch it is saying because of library error, so this week I am using 7. I can't mess with it now untle deadline is done next week.

Barrista
    CS2 at work and on my laptop and 7 on my home desktop. I can't think of a single reason to use an older version if you have the latest one available.

Designer of Life
    CS2 is my choice with its great ability to select multiple layers at a go without hassle of doing links and etc..

I nv liked cs, dun ask why, it just doesnt appeal, i used to use it back at pre-u level but i virtually see not much of a diff between 7 n cs, except the filter gallery which i would rather do without..

so my choice in ranking:
    1st - CS2
    2nd - 7
    ?th - CS

frankly i dunno where to rank CS cos i never had any pleasant experience with it..

I love CS2!!

I have CS on work pc and 7 at home . I'm trying to get CS2 I think it's the best. I guess it covered all what's needed in the previous versions.

Barrista
    PS6.

Clean interface (down with software developers who feel the need to bevel the heck out of everything!), less system load, pretty much exactly the same functionalty for me as CS, which I use at work. I like nested layer sets, but everything else stays pretty much unused. Plus, no filter gallery!

Barrista

I like the filter gallery.

I use cs. I do have 7.0 and 6.0 lying around somewhere, but I don't miss them allthough I could just as well use them as Phil says.

Remember when dropshadows had to be made manually? What a timesaver when that became only a click away. New versions always take some getting used to, but after a while I never miss the older version.

Barrista
    You know what they lost in the jump from 6 to 7? Filter Factory. Filter Factory is awesome.

Of course, it was used probably the same amount as Filter>Other>Custom... still, I turned to FF a few times when I couldn't achieve results any other way (as a simple example, rebuilding a layer that had portions 100% erased rather than layer-masked out). Plus, it's simply been a blast to toy with. For me anyways...

Barrista
    you know, I remember that, but I don't think I used it. Ever. Not that I can recall. No time at work and no energy at home, I guess.

Regular
    voted for cs 2 but thinking to go up to the cs3

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast