Ode to NTL How I hate Thee...
Sorry no poetry... but a big thumbs down for NTL
1) 1 year ago cowboy comes to fit my broadband, I tell him I want a fresh cable fitted and not a split from someone elses as I had concerns over the signal strength.
2) Aforementioned Goon installs broadband from split cable
3) I get bad signal and I phone NTL for them to send an engineer out to re-fit a new cable under a long drawn out complaint to a manager at NTL, explaining that upon inspection the Ape they sent had ignored my request and done a botch job.
4) Engineer comes out spends ages doing something, My Broadband works!
5) over the year I experience loss of signal on and off for up to 3 days
6) I finally loose all connection 3 weeks ago (hence my lack of posting)
7) I get an engineer out who confirms that a) the second engineer didnt install a fresh cable either and just....*drum roll*...installed a split cable, AND the reason I lost my connection is becasuse upstairs flat ahd NTl installed and the total moron who fitted them did less than give them even a shoddy split cable connection....he...and I find this hard for me to contain the rage in saying.....unplugged my connection.....and plugged them in!!!!!!!!
8) I cry
9) I get a new appointment for someone to come back out 2 Weeks from now!!!!! for them to give me what I should have had 1 year ago and that would have resulted in this fiasco in never happening.
10) I phone up NTL and loose my mind at them
11) Regional Manager phones me up and kisses my astroturf and promises to rectify everything.
SO thats whats narking me off right now, and why I've been away for so long, its also a shame that companies have such little regard for its customers as now its led me to tell pretty much everyone I know that they had piss poor customer relations and treat thier customers as if they;re stupid. A real shame
Oh...and I got a promotion so I'm now a Regonal Designer at GE now, so at least thats a plus side to my life.
Hey everyone I've missed, I'll catch up with the site in 2 weeks and hope I've not missed/missing anything.
Wow, that would piss me off too. Congrats on the promotion though!
Congratulations on the promotion, your wit was missed!
i hear wot u'r sayin. if u think ntl r bad, try bt. they're much worse...........
both r equally bad regarding dial up and speaking to automated voice overs, press this for that, press that for this, please hold the line, our agents are busy, please hold the line and then u get some foreigner from somewhere across the world speakin in pigeon english (bt) at least ntl call centers are local but still as difficult.
Am switch back 2 ntl believe it or not cuz ntl don't restrict download capacity. most adsl suppliers rent their lines from bt and as such restrict capacity accordingly. sucks man.
[Edited on 12-10-2004 by Pitch Black]
ntl do restrict download capacity! but theyre the cheapest
I have to say that my 1 year+ stay with NTL has been very pleasant. I got my broadband fitted and ever since ive not really had any hiccups, apart from the odd time (3 times max!) when their whole network goes down the toilet for some reason.
And interactions has been kept to bare minimal. No need for phone calls or anything since ive had no problems. And since we recently for free speed upgrades, im really a happy chappy.
But like every company, theres always the good, the bad and the ugly. Too bad you got the ugly three times...Just just plain bad luck by anyones standard.
Great news on the promotion!
i didn't realise ntl restricted download capacity. hmn. will check that 1 out.
Pitch, is unbelievably loosely held in place...In fact, ive been told it is pure myth. I am a freak downloader (always on lookouts for new software trials etc) and ive never been told off or anything.
Just to prove theres no cap...I downloaded a DVD worth of content in one 24 hour session. Seriously, they will probably only ever say cut back (still not even a proper warning) when you start doing 20GB a day, which is pretty impossible on their fastest speed anyways.
Download restriction? Does blueyonder do that?
BTYahoo, BT, Tiscali, AOL and Wanadoo (formerly something else) all have download limits. Of course, there are other UK internet providers who limit uploads but those are the main ones.
BulldogDSL for example, relatively quiet compared to the others, and after so many GB you need to buy addition GB's.
Theres a website which compares ALL UK ISP's and points out what oimitations etc there are. If i find it ill PM/post it.