Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .::Omega's first site::.

.::Omega\'s first site::.

Well after discussing some stuff a few other graphic artists about creating a site to showcase our gallery. I thought I'd give it a try. I created this one in combination with photoshop and imageready thanks to the sister site of this awesome page!

The site is still pretty plain, but now I found out you don't have to be a html junky to create an awesome layout you only need to be a photoshop junky :twisted: so this encouraged me a lot, who knows what days lay ahead. Well here it is,

http://www.planet.nl/~dijk6047

Comments suggestions are welcome, also some tips would be great.

*P.s this is only photoshop I still need to try and combine it with dreamweaver. Also I still need to figure out how to fill that right white part to if anyone knows how please tell me.

Regular
    I always get awed when people say it's their first site, and then I see something as lovely and contemporary as that.

Marvelous beginning. I could not make suggestions as I don't know how to do a site like that.

Anne

Thanks for the compliment means a lot to me.

Looks promising. Just a couple of things...i'm on broadband and it's still taking a while to load. Might want to think about optimizing or you will miss out on dial up visitors.

its far too wide. You have to design you site to fit on a screen with 800x600 resolution. I would make it only 760 or so to be sure.

Thanks for the tip, just a quick question, doesn't this screw up my site? So lesser quality.

Also, this is offtopic btw. I also posted this question in the newb section, but since you also know your way and quite good in Imageready I might ask you. How do I create like an activation button. So for example in my signature i have made this button layout on the right and want that it loads when people click on it. Also could use it for my site.

Originally posted by scottperezfox
    its far too wide. You have to design you site to fit on a screen with 800x600 resolution. I would make it only 760 or so to be sure.
    I tried this, but then I got like a huge white background. So then I edited it in dreamweaver and used a slice of the image to render it as a background

[Edited on 18-1-2003 by Omega]

Barrista
    Question: and it may be silly because I don't know web. But is it possible to only load up one column of that grid and then repeat it a whole whack of times? That way, you'd only need to download like 6k of stuff rather than 124k... I also think that if you faded the grid lines down to nothing approaching the white that the white would also seem like part of the background...

Make it a resizable site, use tables. And make a new background for the main content area of the site, it's looks tacky when the background starts again in there.

Hmm, well it is my first site and I don't have really any knowledge about tabels etc. I do have dreamweaver so if you know a way to combine them tell me please.

Regular
    Hey, omega

Don't get discouraged. It really is awesome. Keep plugging away

Anne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast