Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Suggestion

Regular

A Suggestion

I was thinking after getting that template from TemplateMonster from the last contest, it wasn't all that great (plus I'll never use it for anything myself, since I design all my own stuff).

I was wondering if templates are the usal part of the prize package (and they seem to be) let's get some better templates from a place like Liquid2.

Liquid2 is far superior to TemplateMonster, in my opinion.

[Edited on 14-12-2002 by C9Mouse]

I agree, that site is cool. The templates are much cleaner and cheaper than template monster, but I agree that I make my own. Sometimes, a project must be built from the ground up.

Barrista
    I think that Colin probably works pretty hard to obtain the prizes that he gets as it is. In this economy he is lucky to get anything. Maybe if your not going to use it, someone else on here that has less experience and fewer resources would find a good use for it. Just a thought.

wow c9..
    that is some awesome templates...
    well, it doesnt matter on which one did colin chose... both of them (templatemonster & liquid2d) are great.
    and anyways c9, your template for your website looks great as well...
    -cheers

Regular
    mindstudios --- thank you for the compliment on my website.

scott --- yes, the best designs are the originals ones, built from the ground up.

Cappy --- that is a very good idea. anyone know where I could post to offer my template to someone?

Barrista

Maybeeeeeeeeee..........

Web Stuff or General Topics............ then ya could bump it once in a while until its gone. That way it stays in Todays Post........BTW, awesome job on the cover. Liked the colors and font usage, nice and clean. Really like the 3D effect on the backbone. Quite a few good designs, but that one will be hard to beat. Good Luck, Cappy

Regular
    Gee, Capp, all these great compliments and yer gonna give me an ego the size of Texas ... LOL

Thank you, you're very kind.

I think what I should do is e-mail Colin first, and see what he says. I don't want to hurt Colin's feelings (which is why I was nervous making this post), so I think I will e-mail him and see what he suggests.

Thanks for all your support. Sure brightens my day

Regular
    i dont mean to be rude to this lady but c9 if you want to improve someones website making experience heres the >>link<<

just an idea i hope if she reads this she isnt offended i just think if she gets something like that it would make learning alot easier and she would get better faster ...... id even ask for it myself but i want to learn bottom up like you and scott were talking about (the secret is im just as new at this as that woman is - like yall couldnt tell)

Regular
    I wrote Colin and asked him what his thoughts were on the matter. It seems a shame to waste this template. but then it is best to learn from trail and error.

That's how I learned. I have only been using Photoshop for a few months, and designing web sites for even less. Most of what I've learned has come by the way of tutorials, practice, and many many mistakes.

It's amazing how many good designs result from a mistake (lol). My second DVD cover design resulted from a mistake. It's all about learning, and this is why I'm thinking the template would be good for a beginner.

milagroman, I understand what you're saying, and I agree ... to a point. When I first started designing graphics and then moved on to slicing them up and arranging them in an HTML editor for placement on the Web I would have benefited from having a template like this to get an idea how it is done.

I think in that regard this would be beneficial for anyone wanting to design a web site.

Hey. no bashing our sponsers now

Thats nice of you to offer it to someone who needs it. I'm sure there will be plenty of takers

BTW, your a bit late to "email me first" when you have already posted? Its ok I'm not hurt or offended. But I do work hard to get sponsers who are generous enough to donate their products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast