Thread: line breaks break my brain

Hybrid View

Barrista

line breaks break my brain

i'm sorry to bother you guys but i was wondering if anyone could help me on this one. i have an annoying problem. When I'm writing an email, replying to posts etc what ever writing in web, every time I press enter to break line, the computer starts loading something and makes the window - and the text box - inactive. That is so disturbing coz after every line break i have to crab the mouse and click on the new line to make it active. Blah.
    Been thru all the settings I've found but can't locate the problem. Also been scanning for spyware proggs and removed them all, also reversed all the autoexes of spywares... still not doing any good.

Barrista
    Hi Viika

I was going to suggest a virus but if you've reversed all the exe.files for spyware then u must be using norton internet security or some similar programme, as i've done the same thing. I don't think this is a problem related to spyy/adware tho.

Does the problem reslove itself when rebooting the computer?

Barrista
    been rebooting like zillion times, this has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Barrista
    In that situation, i usually find myself reformating the hard drive and reinstalling everything.

Fortunately, I have backups of all my programms and work, so no worries there

Can't think of an alternative solution tho.
    Hopefully reformatting wont be necessary

it could be a cheesey spyware/ad program, like toolbar or free program you installed that may not be detected by search n' destroy, etc.
    -i'd uninstall any hoaky progs n' toolbars, etc.

Barrista
    the only way to avoid spy/adware is to not use p2ps or other such programms. Even after u uninstall them from your machine, they leave nasty little exe. files that record your internet movements etc.
    and the only way to be sure of ridding your machine of them, is to reformat.

but hopefully this won't be necessary. Someone may have a better solution.

Barrista
    Have you reinstalled your browser? If your on an MS OS have you done your updates?

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by Phil_The_Rodent]

What program are you using to view the internet?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Progz like Spybot are guaranteed to rid your machine of almost any spy program. They check your computer to a db of 10000+ progz, key loggers, Trojans, spiders, hijackers, and any other nasty program that could be lingering on your HD.

Oh You can get spyware just by going to a site, so it is not only sent to you through P2P. Haven't you ever noticed that Xupiter appears magically, well at least it seems that way. What probably happened is you where on a free server like Geocities, Angelfire, and they gave you the toolbar. That is the conscience you must face in order to have most "free" services.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by mkeefe]

Barrista
    i have done everything i know there is to get rid of spywares. I've used several programmes including virus programms and spyware removal programms.

yet there must be something that any of the programms can't find.

All updates done, browser not yet re-installed, gonna try that.

Thank you for the tips, you luv'ly luv'ly people I guess I must reformat if I have to. It's gonna be tuff. Phew phew phew.