PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

photomazed
10-05-2003, 04:24 AM
Hi everyone once again I find myself needing help. I have an ad I am trying to
do and I need to print out two (one on top
and one on the bottom of the same sheet so the sheet can be cut in half). The page is 11in - 8.5". Cutomer wants to be able to just cut it in half. Maybe I have gone about this in the wrong way. I created the ad in the size of 5.5" by 4.25. I then open a new page and tryed to drag and drop the ad into it two times one on top and one on bottom. Thinking this should work right? It does not without stretching it to the edges which is distorting the print. I know this should be real simple, also my printer only wanted to print it at about 5 by 7 each. What can I do I do have the Cannon S9000 printer and I know it will print borderless prints on a 11 by 8.5 sheet with one pic on it. Thanks again for all your support, and answers. Hey what about that new release of 8.0 is everyone excited!

Stellor
10-05-2003, 06:22 AM
You have created 1/4 size ads, so you need 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom, and with 2 cuts you will have 4 ads. Be sure the blank document you are draging them to is 11 X 8.5 and the same resolution.
Of course if you only want 2 on a sheet you will have to redo the ads to either 11 X 4.25 or 5.5 X 8

Sam
And yes I'm excited.

[Edited on 10/5/2003 by Stellor]

photomazed
10-05-2003, 07:17 AM
Okay, now I do feel stupid! Thank you so much. I don't know why on earth I was thinking that I had to divide both mesurments in half. It worked thank you so much. But also Thanks for the part about the pixels I did have them set at two different resolutions.

Stellor
10-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Don't sweat it, we all feel stupid sometime. It's a case of not being able to see the forest because of all the trees.

Sam