PDA

View Full Version : the 2 towers

kiwicolin
08-21-2003, 06:49 AM
I hear its out on DVD next Tuesday. I thought it rocked. Who liked LOTR?

TraXter
08-21-2003, 07:04 AM
I love LOTR, haven't read the book, but I really like the films. Maybe I'm going to buy the DVD... don't know yet ;)

I'm looking forward to "The return of the King"

Hardy
08-21-2003, 07:45 AM
Been a fan for years! Read the books, listened to the Radio 4 serialisation repeatedly, watched the film & 'lived' the concept in Everquest ;) - sad I know!!

DVD is due out here on 26th - sure I'll getting that too. Roll on ROTK!!

Davey
08-21-2003, 08:50 AM
no comment on LOTR

kiwicolin
08-21-2003, 05:32 PM
The battle scenes and castle set were awesome

Dark-Knight
08-21-2003, 05:56 PM
I've seen it in the cinema a few times, also seen the dvd rip, surely gonna buy the dvd if its gonna be out here!

I'll just wait awhile, just in case they bring out a 'extended' version of it to..

cfire
08-21-2003, 06:01 PM
I've been a fan of those books since the 70's and I was completely satisfied and highly impressed with the first two movies.

kristoficus
08-21-2003, 07:32 PM
Hmm...To be perfectly hinest i didnt like the first one so i wouldnt like the 2nd (not seen 2nd, dont want to)

The film was very well made and yes, some of the scenes and catsle sets etc were amazing, but i really dislike films like that - fantasy stuff that is

I think ill stick to the action/comedy/adventure films like bad boys (any1 seen it or number 2?) and stuff

TraXter
08-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Hmmm... well.... A friend of mine say LOTR 1 and 2 are lame films, but he havent seen them... just too stupid I think...

My mom think it's too much violence... screw her :P

eikon
08-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Hehe i watched half of the first one and i didn't like it that much :o! Oh well lol

Im new to the forums :D just thought i would sign up and see what's going on! go "postal" :)

Pz

J

TraXter
08-21-2003, 07:41 PM
I dont think we'll like you after this... :lol

Kidding ;)

Welcome to the CAFE! Hope to see you around! :)

eikon
08-21-2003, 07:57 PM
ha, i'm just not into that kind of stuff i guess :\
people say that reading the books makes the movie better but you wont be catching me reading anything like that! The only thing that i actually like to read is !!

Computer books.:lol

TraXter
08-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Same here :lol

Fact related stuff and so on.... ;)
But I like films....! :)

eikon
08-21-2003, 08:26 PM
Like the new* avatar and sig :D looks good, i'm still trying to fix mine :(

i'm learning linux programing right now tho :) linux is fun lol xp is boring

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by eikon]

Cappy
08-21-2003, 08:43 PM
I thought the first film was awesome and I am anxiously waiting for the Two Towers to come out so I can get it.

I have read the books. The Hobbit I have read 4 times. The Trilogy is quite deep in its relation to what is going on in the real world.
An interesting note is that Gollum was created and rendered on Linux PC machines. He/It is totally CG and I guess it took 400 machines running dual processors to make it work. You can find the write up, if anyone is really interested, by doing a search on the net. It was an amazing feat according to the article and I can't wait to see Him/It in action.
:o

Lights Off Studios
08-21-2003, 09:19 PM
I have the first movie on DVD, i'm waitin for the 2nd to come out so i can get it........personally i thought the 2nd one was much better than the 1st but oh no i'll never read a book like that, i hate reading!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Rainer
08-21-2003, 09:34 PM
:) Read the books twice (in english and french). Ah those were great days and I just watched the first film for the second time. I really was not disapointed. Everything in the film was exactly how was the film I made in my head when I read Tolkiens books.

scottperezfox
08-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Dont buy the DVD until November when the special edition comes out!!!

Viika
08-25-2003, 09:44 AM
the music in the film was good.
elijah wood sux.

can't say no more, no more.

:P

Fantasm
08-25-2003, 11:25 AM
Love the 1st movie (with the exception of Liv/Arwen. Tsk Tsk Tsk Mr. Jackson). But anyway, I never had the chance to catch the 2nd flick at the theater so I can't wait for to get the new DVD.

MinistryD
08-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Haven't seen any of them yet or bothered with the books. :D

Mary Lou
08-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Smeagull was super! it's been a while since i've seen it, but i love that fantasy kinda films (the first 6 star trek movies were great !)
Love to be able to make that kind of 3d animation once, wonder where you can study for that.. unfortunately in my little Belgium there isn't a market for it, so i won't ever find a job here.
Anyway, loved it!

Davey
08-25-2003, 06:39 PM
LOTR sucks.

Overrated movie.

Give me harry potter instead:lol

ahhmyeye
08-25-2003, 06:51 PM
I got my Two Towers DVD about 6 months ago from a friend in the Philipines where they manufacturer them. :cool:

magneto243
08-25-2003, 08:46 PM
i loved em both i cant w8 until LOTR Return of the King comes out in december.
i was browsing thru a sword shop the other day and saw the sting sitting there the sword that frodo used i think i m8 save up for it and get it just thought it m8 look nice on my desk :)

Fantasm
08-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Davey
LOTR sucks.

Overrated movie.

Bad Davey! Bad! Go sit in the corner for an hour! :lol

P.S. Harry Potter's great, too. I need book 6, like now.

Phil_The_Rodent
08-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Fantasm
Love the 1st movie (with the exception of Liv/Arwen. Tsk Tsk Tsk Mr. Jackson)

Bad Fantasm! Bad! You go join Davey too! Go now. No back talk from you, missy!

:lol

uk2usadaz
08-25-2003, 10:24 PM
I am waiting for November 18th.
Thats when the EXTENDED VERSION comes out on dvd. :)

Martin
08-26-2003, 03:36 PM
I bought the DVD today but I haven't watched it yet.

I do a posting and let ppl know what its like. :)

Martin.

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Martin]

TraXter
08-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil_The_Rodent

:lol Thats a good one!

KrYpT0
08-26-2003, 06:32 PM
preordered my extented version about 2 months ago :-D Cant wait to get it!

Martin
08-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Evenin'all..

I've just watched Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers and it TOTALLY blows away the first episode. The animations are better, the fight scenes are better, the feel of the movie plot just flows better.

Such an awesome movie...... such an awesome movie

One small crit of the movie, you can really tell that "Blue Screen"footage was used on the close up scenes of Froddo and Sam in the branches of the talking trees - name escapes me - the background and the close-ups are SO obvious but remains watchable.

For those about to see it, you will enjoy I assure you....

Martin. :D :D

Itr0nic
08-26-2003, 11:03 PM
Have to say this , New Zealand owns more and more movies are starting to get made in new zealand and lotr got us noticed more we may be small and have lots of sheep and 1 nuke would probably takes us out but we are down here and we own

New Zealand Pride

Martin
08-26-2003, 11:08 PM
WOOOOPS!!! How could I have forgotten to mention the quality scenery... its like Scotland in BIG!!!!!!!!!

Bad Martin... bad Martin.... :lol

kiwicolin
08-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Itr0nic
Have to say this , New Zealand owns more and more movies are starting to get made in new zealand and lotr got us noticed more we may be small and have lots of sheep and 1 nuke would probably takes us out but we are down here and we own

New Zealand Pride

Right on! :)

Fantasm
08-27-2003, 12:53 AM

Whoa! Wait a minute here!

First of all, 'missy' ?
Second, it's not the casting I don't like. It's the story change. I want Glorfindel! ;)
Third....I'm afraid to go hang out in a corner with davey. :o

Davey
08-27-2003, 09:39 AM

Whoa! Wait a minute here!

First of all, 'missy' ?
Second, it's not the casting I don't like. It's the story change. I want Glorfindel! ;)
Third....I'm afraid to go hang out in a corner with davey. :o

now fantasm.
You know I won't do anything to you *evil grin*

You see Phil and Tracey are alive after hanging a week with me.
But Mark that was another thing :lol

Fantasm
08-27-2003, 10:04 AM
davey you wild man! woo hoo! :roll

Phil_The_Rodent
08-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Alright: as long as it wasn't anti-Liv statement then. Besides, I think Davey would like the company. :lol

traerene
08-27-2003, 01:56 PM
davey, i barely survived... at the end of the week, i slept for 2 days straight! :lol

as for the movie, saw the first one, didn't see the second. i don't really care if i see it or not... i'm not into movies.

Vimes
08-27-2003, 05:16 PM
love the books, and the films are great to. I just got the dvd of 2 towers the other day, having watched the ten min preview of the return of the king i simply cant wait. i have preaty much forgoten most things that happen in the last book, its been that long since i read it, preaty much my only memories of it are the siege of minus tirith (spellings ???) and the ending (damn, nothing like sitting thru 3 three hour long films if you know the ending) but i have downloaded the audio books (recordings from radio 4 me thinks) and wen i have time i will listen to em again.

P.S:

Harry Potter books = good
Harry Potter films = terrible

kiwicolin
08-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Rented and Watched Towers last night. Loved it.
Am ready to watch it again. :)

Harry Potter -- never read the books, saw the first movie on DVD, thought it was pretty cool because it was so different. Couldn't watch the 2nd all the way through - seemed like more of the same to me, fell asleep "TWICE!":(

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by kiwicolin]

TraXter
08-27-2003, 06:27 PM
:lol @ Colin

Dissen
08-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Davey
LOTR sucks.

Overrated movie.

Hey! You said you wouldnt comment LOTR!!

:)

I really like the movies, and i love the
book(s). I wont even go into a discussion wether the serie is good or not since this is so special to those who love the story. You have to accept it for what it is. Keep the "i just like serious movies" critics for other movies.

I have the first DVD and will buy the one coming in november too. And the third one..is not far away!

Martin
08-27-2003, 07:47 PM
LOTR and Harry Potter can't be compared to each other in my view, as LOTR is in a better league and all on its own... :)

[Edited on 27-8-2003 by Martin]

Davey
08-28-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by traerene
davey, i barely survived... at the end of the week, i slept for 2 days straight! :lol

And it's my fault you barely survived it?
I think that is somebody els his fault. :lol

dissen I know :(
But I coudn't resist. :lol

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Davey]

Fantasm
09-01-2003, 03:36 AM
Finally saw Two Towers yesterday. The effects and the scenery were fantastic but I didn't find it nearly as good as The Fellowship.

Jackson's creative license with this one is far worse than I expected. At times I was actually growling at the screen. I also thought the editing was poor. If I didn't already know the story by heart, I wouldn't have understood the movie.

I was greatly disappointed. I don't know if I'll bother seeing Return of the King.

Cappy
09-05-2003, 04:27 PM
I finally got an opportunity to see "The Two Towers" and I have to say that it was an amazing piece of work. The background scenery was unbelievable which makes me wonder why you left Kiwi? However,I have met a couple of people from there and it sounds like it has quite a bit of poverty within the economy and the technology over there probably would not challenge you as it does here.
Anyway, Smegoul (spelling?) or Gollum, what a character. It has to be one of the greatest accomplishments to date for Computer Generation. All I can say is wow and wow when it comes to special effects......... as for the acting, well I am not much of a judge. All I can say is that they kept me very interested and I developed an opinion of each, so I guess that was good. Can't wait for the final one. Might have to spend the money to see it in a theater.:D a must see for sure!

EDIT: Fantasm I did not read yours before I posted mine. Interesting the differences. It is what makes the world and the cafe so special!:)

[Edited on 0 by Cappy]

cybrghst
09-05-2003, 08:29 PM
A-W-E-S-O-M-E...Nothing you can pick on about that movie, the cinematogrphy was amazing, and i truly would love to visit New Zealand now. Amazing movie, cannot wait for 3..

El Matador
09-06-2003, 01:41 AM
hey you guys. wait on the DVD. get the 4 disk special edition coming out in Nov... well worth the money and it has 45 extra min of footage ( in the movie ... as in uncut version the way it was ment to be!

Itr0nic
09-06-2003, 01:46 AM
hey people . one of my friends down south in new zealand took some photos while they did some shooting down there for lord of ring they took his first film but he hid the other one so im gonna try and get copys to put up for looks also got some befor and after shots of the villages from the first lotr

yes
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Anyone who says any of the lord of the rings movies suck in any way shape or form or did not enjoy watching are plain and simply -- losers.

That isn't an opinion -- this is a fact.

YOU are a loser who should not be allowed to reproduce for the simple fact you will just spawn more losers.

Anyone who would rather watch bad boys II rather than the masterpieces that are the LOTR movies needs to go down to the local K-mart -- purchase a BB gun and
end his sad existence.

[Edited on 7-10-2003 by yes]

GoM
10-07-2003, 05:16 PM
wow, you accept they're preference as easy as they accept yours :rolleyes:

Everyone's different man, some may not like LOTR, doesn't mean they need to be shot. That's just close-minded.

yes
10-07-2003, 05:17 PM
What part of this is not an opinion did you not understand.

GoM
10-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Calling people 'losers', as harmless as the insult is, because they don't like a movie series is one of the most ignorant thing a person can say, regardless if it's 'fact' or 'opinion'

Phil_The_Rodent
10-07-2003, 05:25 PM
Personal preferences are obviously opinions. Chill.

MinistryD
10-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Still ain't seen any of the LOTR's and don't intend to anytime soon. As for great films, I like war films like Enemy at the Gates, Behind Enemy Lines, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down imo wasn't as good as I had expected it to be. However I will check LOTR when I can be bothered as of right now they don't interest me at all.

kiwicolin
10-08-2003, 12:05 AM
DO2 - loved those movies especially Enemy at the gates

I loved LOTR. but if other people didnt thats fine, that why we are all different. Its a sign of maturity when you can embrace people different than yourself and not expect everyone to have the same opinions. Some of my best friends have totally different views on many things and we still remain friends :)

Itr0nic
10-08-2003, 12:59 AM
i did not think them ovies would be that great ether then i went and saw them and i did like them

like colin said everyone is diffrent

D_A_Designer
10-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Cappy
I thought the first film was awesome and I am anxiously waiting for the Two Towers to come out so I can get it.

I have read the books. The Hobbit I have read 4 times. The Trilogy is quite deep in its relation to what is going on in the real world.
An interesting note is that Gollum was created and rendered on Linux PC machines. He/It is totally CG and I guess it took 400 machines running dual processors to make it work. You can find the write up, if anyone is really interested, by doing a search on the net. It was an amazing feat according to the article and I can't wait to see Him/It in action.
:o
actually, it was a real guy in a sensored suit, he did the voice and ALL the actions. then when he did them all, the downloaded the data from the sensors and make a 3D look of gollom instead of a big man in a blue suit :D

SkadedyR
10-08-2003, 06:26 AM
if u dont like LOTR, something is very very wrong with u, i love LOTR, and i will always love it:D:D

actionfx
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
I love the movies... but think the books are better. That is usually the case with any book turned movie though. So much in the book that there is simply not enough time to show, it basically becomes visual Cliff Notes. The LOTR guys did a fantastic job though, and I'll be there opening day for ROTK. :D

Itr0nic
10-09-2003, 08:43 PM
i think hes one of theb est directors in the world and he came from NEW ZEALAND

:D

Viika
10-09-2003, 09:25 PM
let's just shoot anybody who likes or doesn't like something. At least with peas. That is if no-one happens to own a real gun or a cannon or bazooka or a rocket launcher.
:roll