PDA

View Full Version : My Color Picker Changed?

Mike_R
05-25-2003, 02:53 AM
I don't know what I did to cause this, but my Color picker has changed appearance. I don't really even know how to describe the difference. It has something to do with how the colors are now displayed. Does anyone know why in general such a change might have occurred?

Also, does anyone know if using the Map to Transparancy is difficult to do in Photoshop 7?

Thanks for any help, and sorry I wasn't more specific with the first question.

Mike_R

Phil_The_Rodent
05-25-2003, 03:10 AM
You'll notice in the colour picker that there are radio buttons beside the colours where you can input custom values. All of these are useful (I'm especially fond of colour picking in HSB mode) but you're probably used to RGB, so click the radio button beside the R.

As for your second question, I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but it's possibly the advanced blending in your Layer Adjustments menu (double click the layer to access, at the bottom of the window where the gradients are, split the triangles by holding down alt and dragging).

Mike_R
05-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Phil, for the radio button idea. I think that got it back to where it was. As far as my second question is concerned, the Map to Trasparency is an option when using "Save for Web." I figured it out. It just allows you to select a color in the image and, you guessed it, save it as transparent. If you do this with whatever color you've set your table background to, I think it will give the effect wanted and reduce the image size.

Mike_R

Blitz
05-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Oh, u might have checked the "Only Web Colors". I know that really messes mine up - just check it off if it is checked