PDA

View Full Version : iPhone4, Free Bumper — "Hold it different" is not a solution!

mkeefe
06-30-2010, 02:12 AM
While I am pretty sure you heard of the iPhone 4 and even how awesome it is. However you
may not know the reception is horrible when you hold the phone, or maybe you do.

Well after dropped calls and swearing I decided to create a quick petition site (stressing quick, took about 1 hour).

Feel free to critique the design or sign or possibly both. :)

http://freebumper.com

Thanks,
Matt

[Edited on 6/30/2010 by mkeefe]

mixedupmacandpc
06-30-2010, 02:37 AM
matt, this is all over the place (topic) but it seems its just some missing varnish from an early production run, that's what my apple genius here says. but i guess if u want to throw up a site and get a lot of hits, this would be the right topic:-) btw, can't get to ur site yet...i see scriptplayground, which i do like!

[Edited on 6/30/2010 by mixedupmacandpc]

mkeefe
06-30-2010, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by mixedupmacandpc
matt, this is all over the place (topic) but it seems its just some missing varnish from an early production run, that's what my apple genius here says. but i guess if u want to throw up a site and get a lot of hits, this would be the right topic:-) btw, can't get to ur site yet...i see scriptplayground, which i do like!

Missing varnish? Hardly, its a core design flaw. The antenna is on the outside, not in the phone anymore. Supposedly pushing an update to fix it, but either way they screwed up. Add Steve's backhanded response and they are just becoming evil(er).

No site, wow, really? The site has been up for days haha! DNS Fail...

Update: My site was before Gizmodo and other others, been up since Sunday @ 2am.

Thanks,
Matt

[Edited on 6/30/2010 by mkeefe]

mixedupmacandpc
06-30-2010, 03:09 AM
site working now! well, i agree with u on the bumpers and think it highly suspect that these were created by apple in the first place. do u think they knew about the design problem ahead of time, and made these bumpers just for this purpose? there is a class-action suit already forming which seems a bit crazy, but i don't live in a lawyer-enriched society, so it all just seems nuts to me. but if u don't like the phone, can't u just bring it back and get another one? some of them do work fine, so the apple guy says. i am thinking about getting one, but have to wait and see if the jailbreak comes out ok...tried to update my 3gs and it did not work with the pwnage available to date. i really want to try iBooks...

ps. Amazing 40 page thread on the issue here:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=11801627#11801627

paradox
07-18-2010, 10:29 PM
its a OS problem in which it sends the signal will be sorted in the next update i belive - my bro works for Apple

mixedupmacandpc
07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
ha! i think it's expanded into a larger problem, if not just a pr one. One microsoft official called this version of the iphone "Apple's Vista." And it does appear to be that way...