PDA

View Full Version : Totally Confused!! Image could not be parsed??

sjkramer
04-27-2003, 06:41 AM
I attempted to open up a Quark doc in PS6, but i got a messeage saying it could not be parsed.
What and why did this happen?? I save this doc the same way I save everything else in Quark when I'm going to open it in PS.

What is parsed?

mrdesignerperson
04-27-2003, 02:23 PM
parsing is the term used to describe how a programming language is phrased.

using the analogy of the english language, the sentance:

"the dog ate the cat" is will parse correctly, however, the sentances:

"the dog cat ate the" and
"teh dgo ate the tac" will not parse correctly, one because the words are not in the correct order, and another because not all of the words are actual words.

basically, photoshop is telling you it doesn't understand the file. my best guess would be that something happened when the file was being saved, and quark "misspelt" some of the "words" in computer language.

the good thing about html, is that if it doesn't understand something, it ignores it completely.

every other language i know of, if it doesn't understand one thing, it spits the lot back at you and says "i don't understand. make it so i do."

you could try saving it again, otherwise i don't know.
you could be really drastic and reinstall quark and photoshop, but i would wait and see if anyone who knows more about computers than myself (such people are fairly common) gives you a better solution.

Urban Grafix®
04-27-2003, 04:29 PM
@ mrdesignerperson- U crack me up bro. :lol

@ sjkramer- I never knew that PS can open Quark files..lol...try saving the Qxd file as an EPS then open it in PS.
May I ask, why are you trying to attempt this (opening a qxd file in PS), sounds like an interestin subject...dont U agree?

Phil_The_Rodent
04-27-2003, 05:10 PM
You can also try distilling and opening the PDF.

Assuming you also have Illustrator, you can also open the PDF or EPS in illustrator and export the file as a tiff or even PS5 file for use in Photoshop.

Many ways to get there...

sjkramer
04-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Urban Grafix®

@ sjkramer- I never knew that PS can open Quark files..lol...try saving the Qxd file as an EPS then open it in PS.
May I ask, why are you trying to attempt this (opening a qxd file in PS), sounds like an interestin subject...dont U agree?
I open Quark docs in PS, so I can save them for the web, I don't know of any way to save Quark for the web:( I'm sure it can be done, but I just don't know how? And I always save Quark docs as EPS, that's the only way I know of to open them in PS.