PDA

View Full Version : How do i do this. PLEASE HELP!!!!

rez
04-25-2003, 02:24 AM
hi i am trying to make something like this.

http://www.clickables.com/~vnc/example.gif

i have to objects on a bookshelf and one a computer i want to make a curved line or something that goes from the bookshelf to the computer to make it look like the stuff on the bookshelf goes into the computer. its hard to explain but this is the best i can do.

thanks.

ps: im trying to make that black arrow thing between the green and red box

Waxpants
04-25-2003, 03:11 PM
While I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish, I think that perhaps you should try the pen tool to get what you want.

You could also just use one line instead of two and then stroke it to the thickness that you want.

Hope this helps.

sjkramer
04-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Do you want the books to actually move?
If you do, I think you might want to do that in Flash(if you have it).

DJZIP
04-25-2003, 04:10 PM
everyones work looks awesome!! hope to be posting a piece soon!!
I have a question maybe somebody can answer...... How do I extract only the black writing on a 3 colour picture???
So I can put it to a white or transparent background??????

cybrghst
04-25-2003, 04:25 PM
djzip--extracting type from a 3 colour pic, will leave you with jagged edges from cutting the type. You can do this with the magic wand tool, but i would suggest resetting the type, your quality will be a heck of alot better. Good luck

rez
04-25-2003, 09:42 PM
i am trying to use the pen tool but it doesnt look that good. all i want to do i have that curved line going from the bookshelf to the computer monitor. i was wondering if there is a tutorial on that.

thank you
brian

Phil_The_Rodent
04-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Rez: There's - uh - training wheels built into the PS pen. Just turn on "Rubber band". It'll show you how the curves and/or lines looks as you go.

Here's (http://www.gurusnetwork.com/tutorials/photoshop/pen1intro.html) a good introdution to the pen tool.

DJZIP: You should be able to do this via channels. Duplicate your image then change the mode to CMYK. Then go to your channels palette and click the black layer. Your black may have more than just black and white on it, but the text should be very clean on the black channel. You can use levels to remove any light grey hues. Then Ctrl-click the layer. This will select the white so you'll have to invert your selection. Then go back to the CMYK composite channel and turn it back on (left click CMYK) and then go to the layers palette, make a new layer, and press Shift-Backspace to bring up your fill dialogue. Fill with Black. Then drag the layer to whatever document you wish using the move tool.

Hope this helps. :)