View Full Version : Spliting Cells In Tables
04-11-2003, 10:35 PM
After I input my banner/nav. (which I made from ADOBE P) I want to start typing in the information using normal text. Problem is, underneath the banner, when I try to SPIT CELL into three columns (so the text lines up) it will not let me drag the column line to match up with my designs. It appears to be lined up with one of the slices from the banner.
What am I doing wrong?
04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
tables are a dog at the best of time in DreamWeaver. it's my greatest frustration. what works for me is planning out ahead of time of what goes where instead of doing patchwork and splitting or adding things to the existing structure. spacers and absolute positioning help a lot. don't be discouraged it's challenging but you can learn best by trying different things and watching the code that is being generated....maybe someone can provide some more specific advice, sorry if i'm not much help.
04-12-2003, 07:16 PM
What about making two separate tables. One for the top (banner) and one for the bottom (text). If so, would you be able to connect the two tables so it would not leave a space (setting cell padding to 0).
04-13-2003, 06:07 AM
I figured it out...not sure if this might work for you but here's what I did:
1) made the artwork in AP and save for web.
2) opened the .html file in DW
3) selected the entire table and copied it.
4) opened another blank document
5) made a table (2 rows and same width as the original artwork)
6) selected the top row and pasted
7) went to the bottom row and split the cell into 4 columns and it worked. I could move the columns wherever I wanted.
Hopefully this helps,
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.