PDA

View Full Version : New CNET site rolled out today...what do u think?

mixedupmacandpc
08-28-2008, 05:08 AM
Long time user of this site:
http://www.cnet.com/?tag=hdr%3bbrandnav
which got a major makeover. As designer's, whatcha think? Personally, it looks like so many other sites these days no? and wuz up with the logo change! but ultimately shouldn't sites like this just be ubiquitous? One of my most visited sites is nytimes.com and it just looks like plain paper I suppose, i don't even pay attention...except to the great writing and photos. Cheers!
coocoo

mkeefe
08-28-2008, 05:33 AM
Logo = crap :)

The overall site, not bad.. it has that big company feel to it though (thanks CBS), but I will give it time.. eventhough I am not a big cnet fan.

Hard to take an "unbiased" review of a product when there is an ad for that product on the same screen.. lol

Matt

mixedupmacandpc
08-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Ha! so true.i sometimes use the site for trialware, but some of the reviews just make me laugh. there always seems to be a PC bias there as well...but that logo change is really funny, i can imagine the dilbert cartoon for that one. wonder how much they paid for that!

mixedupmacandpc
08-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Ha! so true.i sometimes use the site for trialware, but some of the reviews just make me laugh. there always seems to be a PC bias there as well...but that logo change is really funny, i can imagine the dilbert cartoon for that one. wonder how much they paid for that!

proverbialthought
08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL! I got the email last night and saw the "Typical" IT guy there with the IE7 logo on the home page and honestly thought, "Gosh, this sote is for PC/IT guys!" I live on the border between the Adobe guys and the Microsoft guys if you know what I mean. Part IT, Part Artist... I hate the IT side as far as a place to live; they are typically boring psuedo-slaves of Gill Bates.

As for the site; let's face it guys we are not their demographic. We just happen to benefit sometimes from their labor; but that is basically a PC, IT site. As for the logo; I certainly hope web 3.0 is not going to be dominated by the Red Orb. This thing is popping up everywhere! It's hard to tell whether I'm at Circuit City, About.com, or anywhere else these days. If I was Bozo the clown, I'd be suing everybody these days!

But, IT guys are not artists, hence I guess their logo is no worse then the rainbow, bevel-embossed symbol of ubiquity that is the Google logo.

New site sux!

mixedupmacandpc
08-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by proverbialthought
If I was Bozo the clown, I'd be suing everybody these days!

Ha! that's great...let's call them Bozo sites.

proverbialthought
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Bozo Sites!!! Classic! Someone should design an emblem to be used when talking about these sites!

spo0f
09-24-2008, 01:07 PM
looks nice but to heavy on gfx so bit slow loading.