PDA

View Full Version : Start of me

Ultimaweapon
06-16-2008, 08:48 AM
....hi all....

Today I'll show you my start for taking picture.....

with Canon eos 450D

here is the pic:

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/166/6/c/The_first_time_for_me_by_Ultradragon.jpg

I hope u'll like it....^^"

dogtrombone
06-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Nice start, but you've chosen a difficult subject to start with! Curved reflective surfaces (such as the bottle cap) are very difficult to light well, and glass also needs careful attention to the best light to make it "pop".

You might try standing a piece of white card, out of shot to the left, which would help to add better reflections in the bottle cap. Another white card out of shot to the right might also help the reflective label. And glass often looks better if there is quite a lot of light from above and behind.

Reflective surfaces also need to be very new and clean, otherwise you'll see every little scratch... as you can see in your bottle cap.

I do like the out of focus background, and the angle of the bottle. There's a bit too much foreground and not enough space above the bottle, but if it was an advertising shot you'd maybe need that foreground space for some text.:)

Ultimaweapon
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
also my friend (the photographer) said: if you would like to make it more lovely...all you have to do is taking the shot on something smooth like what said (white card)....and it'll be more....advanced.....

and thank you for the recommendation...dear...:D