PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express, no sound on TV Shows. Music OK

kiwicolin
05-28-2008, 04:30 AM
I have an Airport Express and use air tunes from my MBP.
I can hear music from I tunes ok. I have some shows that I want to watch through HDMI on a TV screen and want the audio on my Bose through airTunes. I can't get audio. Is this something they have disabled so I have to buy an Apple TV, or is it a config error? Anyone know? I have spent hours on this and searched Google with no answers. I don't want to log into Apples support site because I dont want to change my iTunes PW again!! (The forums say its outdated)

mixedupmacandpc
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Kiwi, what software are u using to play the movie (show?). U have to use itunes i believe. I have two AEs but not using at the moment for music streaming, just as wireless routers. Let me know if u are still stuck and I can test here. cheers,
coocoo

ps. i cant figure out what airtunes is, except a trademarked name for a function of the AE. is it real software? also, do you have the 6.3 firmware loaded on ur AE?

[Edited on 5/28/2008 by mixedupmacandpc]

kiwicolin
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Air tunes is part of itunes
I can get the audio to work on songs, but not shows. I hear that apparently they don't support the audio on TV shows. (Their way of sucking you into Apple TV I guess?)

I have tried airfoil which is able to send the signal through Quicktime, but the level is really low

mixedupmacandpc
05-28-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah ur right, airtunes is a function of itunes and a setting u need to turn in airport utility.

i had airfoil loaded once...no where to be found now...but i remember using that and an app called LineIn to control things and it worked well. Last resort there is to use good old wires and cables:)