PDA

View Full Version : Changing a rounded rectangle's radius

togmkn
08-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Is there any way to change a rounded rectangle's corner radius after it's been drawn? It's a simple question, I know, but I've searched and haven't found an answer.

doubrovski
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
togmkn ,
Pull down the tiny arrow in the options bar to open Rectangle options

silverdoves
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, togmkn, I don't use shapes that often, but I seems that doubrovski's suggestion only works if you make those changes BEFORE you make your shape (I may not be correct about this, as I said, I am unfamiliar with shapes)

I DO know, however, that you can change any path's points by using the direct selection tool right above the pen tool in the tool bar (A) Then you can click on the individual point to change it. It takes awhile and it would probably be a pain if you want all 4 corners to be the same, but it could be a good thing, too, so you can really impliment some customization.

you might already know this and are just looking for an easier way to change the corner radius, but I haven't come across anything else that would help you.

Good luck!

-SD

KRB
08-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Togmkn, if you are looking for a live effect to change the corner radius of a drawn rectangle then use Illustratorís>Effects>Stylize>Rounded Corners.

In Photoshop, you need to redraw your rectangle.
Enter the new value for radius in top control bar, draw out your rectangle.