PDA

View Full Version : Stroke

littlemisswala
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know the shortcut key to 'stroke' a line with a path has been made with the pen function, after clicking on brush and setting the brush size. I'm doing a lot of these and I know using B on the keyboard makes the brush active but it is getting tedious to go to the paths window and then clicking on the stroke button on the bottom.

Hope I'm making sense !

Hermie
06-05-2007, 11:25 AM
You make sence but i wouldn't know. Why don't you try do google it or look at Adobe .com for help. If i'm correct there are some shortcut keys on the web, somewhere!

torridon
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
There is no pre-assigned keyboard shortcut for what you want to do, but you can make your own.
There are two ways to do this..........the simple way and the not so simple way.

The not so simple is to make an action, and assign your chosen shortcut.
The simple way is to go file>keyboard shortcuts. In the dialogue that opens go to applications menu, click on the small arrow to the right of that and change to "palettes menu" then scroll down to "paths", click on the small arrow to the left of "paths" and scroll down to "stroke".
Click on the word stroke, and a dialogue will open in which you can nominate your shortcut key.

If you happem to select a shortcut that is already employed by Photoshop by default, it will amend you choice by adding a control or shift or alt key...............you will get the choice to ok that, then away you go.

littlemisswala
06-05-2007, 12:34 PM
torridon you are a star - wondered how I could do things like this! cheers

torridon
06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Glad to help