PDA

View Full Version : shape layers

danfitchie
11-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Ive just started my first vector art effort with photoshop, and am finding things difficult because im loosing tracks of my shapes and layers. what i mean is that say ive created a new layer to vector round parts of my nose, using th epen tool i go round part of the detail then close that path off, then when i go to do another part of the detail it starts a new layer everytime. is there a way to stop it creating a new layer for each shape you do so that you have more control over what goes where?

danfitchie
11-18-2006, 01:35 PM
ahh just noticed you cant change the colour of each shape individually if they are on the same layer or can you?

PM
11-18-2006, 01:39 PM
with pen tool i dont think so..
if ure working with other shapes, just below the menu bar u can see a bar when u can choose, on the left, from shape layers, paths, or fill pixels...
i think what u want is fill pixels...
but with pen tool that option is not valid, so, u can try paths, i dont see any solution, unless u create a path, turn it as a selection, and then fill it in a layer, and repeat that in the same layer...

hope i helped..

chears!!
:cheers

PM
11-18-2006, 01:44 PM
yeah, the layer shape is usefull if u have many shapes one above the other ( there must be an expression in english for that, i just dont know it...
but u know what i mean, when one is above other and u cant see part of the one below...

hehe...

:cheers