PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Pizza???

IcyMist
03-31-2005, 09:32 AM
It is only 5:30 a.m. and I am CRAVING a big slice of pizza pie. ARGGGGG I can't even eat pizza too often because I am trying to watch my weight. :(

My question is..........what do you think makes the perfect pizza? And from where?

I like what they call a garbage pizza. Everything is on it, lots and lots of veggies, cheese and a mixture of pepperoni, sausage and hamburger. The best one that I have found lately (until the current chef quits) is from only one Pizza Hut not far from my house.....not fair, should be miles and miles away. Pizza Hut is trying to ruin my figure. This particular Pizza Hut believes in making the customer happy and they actually pile the items on it (even takeout!!!!) and they are fresh, crunchy and yummy. drool Now my tummy has a rumbly, sigh.

John Hughes
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Lots of vegetables, spicy chicken, fairly thin bread base and peppers galore. And cheese... the usual mild all-over cheesing. Where do you live? I beleive I must visit this pizza-hut of yours... soonish.

funkapotamus
03-31-2005, 10:08 AM
...peking duck pizza from californian pizza factory or the pollo con funghi from pizza express, oh and theres pollo con whatever chicken is italian from pizza express also...oooh yeah

John Hughes
03-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Pizza Express' Sloppy Guisepe is grand...grand...

IcyMist
03-31-2005, 10:15 AM
That would be a VERY expensive piece of pizza pie John....I live in Florida. :)

rigrider
03-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Best Pizza I've ever had in my life comes from a little pizzaria called Catalano's in LaSalle, ON. I've been eating that pizza for 20 some odd years now and no one has ever come close to topping it.

The Perfect Pie = Lots of pepperoni, italian sausage, lots of veggies, double cheese, double sauce, slightly over cooked, with a thin to medium crust. Oh crap...now I'm hungry..

Thanks alot Icymist....

l8r,

emm
03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I heard someone say once that pizza is like sex . When itís good itís very good. And when itís bad, itís still pretty good.

:lol

rigrider
03-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by emm
I heard someone say once that pizza is like sex . When itís good itís very good. And when itís bad, itís still pretty good.

That's a line from threesome! Well actually it's "Sex is like Pizza...yadda yadda." lol. Now we know what kind of movies you watch!!! HAHAHAHAHAAH...oh wait, now they know what kind of movies I watch...Damn.

L8r,

[Edited on 3/31/2005 by rigrider]

kristoficus
03-31-2005, 10:39 AM
:lol @ emm...never heard that one before.

I dont have pizza too often, but i think the Pizza Hut pizza's are the best. Get the cheese stuffed crust pizza with loads of chicken, bacon, cheese, onions and mashrooms :D yummy yumm yumm.

Ohh, and dont forget to sprinkle some parmezan on it.

Ruan
03-31-2005, 11:48 AM
http://www.tgfpizza.com/ they might have a slow website but they sure do have the best pizza I have ever tasted. I hav tried P Hut, Dominos and Pizza Express but TGF beats them all hands down.

natbug
03-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Pizza Huts Deep dish or Dominos flat with onions, mushrooms, and some times pepperoni
One of the best slice of Pizza I had was in Jerusalem, Israel onions and green olives.

MartinLee
03-31-2005, 07:15 PM
emm - so true

my perfect pizza is from Pizza (im so expensive) Hut: Deep Pan, extra cheese, Chargrilled chicken and cajan chicken and nothing else! no manky veg! argh

ruan - tgf near me is horrible!

[Edited on 3/31/2005 by MartinLee]

cfire
03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
The perfect pizza is thin crust, a good sauce (not the sweet crap you get from pizza chains) and good cheese (not the translucent glop you get from same chains). For the best example of this head to Vinny's on 74th and Broadway in NYC (or any one of a 1000 other good family owned pizza parlors there). John's Pizza on Astoria blvd. in Astoria, Queens also rocks!!! :)

[Edited on 3/31/2005 by cfire]

dirtychinchilla
03-31-2005, 07:26 PM
i think local pizza places are better tbh, specially proper italian ones, you can get some really cheap real tasty ones from locals, theres a proper italian one round the corener, large pizza for £4 and i reckno they would give me discount coz im their paper boy

IcyMist
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
I have heard that NY has some of the best pizzas around. Most of the pizza places around here are those chains. Sigh, almost ready to go out and get a pizza stone and try making my own. :)

cfire
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Now, youre talking!!! :)

dirtychinchilla
03-31-2005, 07:37 PM
as i wave goodbye to my post...

i like ham and pinapple

QT
03-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by dirtychinchilla
as i wave goodbye to my post...

i like ham and pinapple

You beat me to it.

I love Papa John's Hawaiian Pizza... Just had it on Monday.

IcyMist where you @ in Florida? Im on vacation visiting my family in Tampa.

lyra
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
mmm...pizza hut's deep dish crust is awesome! all that grease! yum! you can just hear your arteries screaming. i love it! my fave pizza is hawaiian. but i love when i got to places where you can add all sorts of different toppings. then i add olives, shrimp, and whatever else sounds good to the ham and pineapple. mmmm...now i'm hungry.

jopfin
03-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Santermos Pizza, little family owned, brick oven pizza place. Thats all they make, buy it by the slice or whole, the large is like 24" in diameter. No delivery but you can pick it up if you like. I think in the 20+ yrs I have eaten there I have had maybe 30 different kinds and everyone of them was great....Joe

srove
04-01-2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by rigrider

Originally posted by emm

That's a line from threesome! Well actually it's "Sex is like Pizza...yadda yadda." lol. Now we know what kind of movies you watch!!! HAHAHAHAHAAH...oh wait, now they know what kind of movies I watch...Damn.

L8r,

[Edited on 3/31/2005 by rigrider]

Actually, this may be off topic for a little bit, but i heard sex is like pringles, "once you pop, you cant stop..." and my favorite pizza is freschetta or Papa Murphey's chicken garlic supreme

EDIT: did i take it too far?

[Edited on 4/1/2005 by srove]

scottperezfox
04-01-2005, 06:40 AM
red paint and sawdust on a bit of sheet rock

dcloud
04-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by scottperezfox
red paint and sawdust on a bit of sheet rock

:lol:lol:lol

Phil_The_Rodent
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
The best pizza in the world comes from a pizza joint about a ten minute walk from the train station at Finsbury Park, England. Can't remember the name, but to those in the UK: if you haven't been here, your missing out on the best pizza in the world.

EDIT: La Prochetta maybe?

[Edited on 4/1/2005 by Phil_The_Rodent]

Sideburnt
04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
acorns and wood chippings my choice, washed down with rain

mkeefe
04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Ham & Pineapple from "The Pizza Factory" in Plymouth Mass.... I miss that place.

-matt

IcyMist
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Turns green and hunts for a bucket....ewwwwwwwwwww don't put anything sweet on my pizza.

Irate Customer
04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Any pizza worth eating will be fantastic with nothing but the cheese, sauce and crust. When you have a plain cheese pizza that knocks your socks off, you know the rest is gravy.

See New York Pizza for more on this. They are freaking geniuses at this.

rigrider
04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Irrate: You silly silly man...you don't put gravy on pizza!! Maybe dip the crust in it, but definatley not on it!!! Geez.

And just so you all know..this thread has inspired me. I'm getting pizza tonight!!!! (ok, was probably going to have it anyway, but I just hadn't written enough today :D)

L8r,

Irate Customer
04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I had pizza last night. And as a side note, dipping the crust into some buttermilk ranch is a huge win!

MartinLee
04-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I had pizza tonite: smokey sausage, spicy sos, garlic sos and bacon yum!
and cheesy garlic bread with pepperoni on top!

Irate Customer
04-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I am now officially hungee. Martin Lee is now on my "no-Christmas card" list.

MartinLee
04-01-2005, 10:51 PM
:(

Irate Customer
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Okay, after that puh-thetically sad face....I guess I could send you a bar napkin with some beer soaked into it.

rigrider
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Irate Customer
I had pizza last night. And as a side note, dipping the crust into some buttermilk ranch is a huge win!

Creamy Garlic for me!!!

L8r,

P.S. Do I get a card??

IcyMist
04-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Why did I start this post? I haven't had pizza in about 6 months.....arggg I have a feeling that before the weekend is over I am going to have a big gooey slice of garbage pizza.

MartinLee
04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
mmm pizza from the garbage

Phil_The_Rodent
04-02-2005, 03:15 AM
I'd think garbage pizza would be mostly stale crusts. :)

Digi Pixie
04-02-2005, 03:25 AM
The best pizzas are always from the little Italian places...not from the big chains. They're yucky...

The best I've ever had was from a place in Canberra called Woodstock Pizza...traditional really really thin & crispy crust...can't even remember what I had on it...but it was heaven on a plate.

I always get vegetarian, coz I am one, & like toppings like artichokes, chargrilled eggplant, roast capsicum, mushrooms...& not too much cheese (sometimes I even get them without any cheese). And always thin crust...I hate a big doughy base. And there's a place I go to sometimes that does pizza with broccoli & potato & pumpkin on it...which sounds weird, but it's really yummy.

Me so hungry now...me want pizza. :(

MartinLee
04-02-2005, 03:42 AM
I wish i had some left overs! but i was greedy and ate everything! doh!

IcyMist
04-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Sigh, looks like no pizza today. Am going shopping with my mother and then she's going to make tuna salad. Somehow tuna salad doesn't taste anything like a nice thick crusted, cheese loaded, ooey gooey pizza. sniff

John Hughes
04-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Proper indian/sri-lankan food whips pizzas anyway...why not talk about that?

loscann
04-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Chicken monico which is tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, seasoned chicken, fresh tomato, onion and mushroom from Dominos pizza. YUM YUM:P

IcyMist
04-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Have never had any indian/sri-lankan food. If it is spicy and I have a suspicion that it is :) I couldn't eat it. Spicy food doesn't agree with me....believe me it STRONGLY disagrees with me. :(

IcyMist
04-02-2005, 09:09 PM
:roll:roll:rollI just ordered my Super Supreme Pan Pizza :roll:roll:roll I will probably end up having to go without any chocolate chip cookies for a month to make up for having pizza, but what the hey :)

rigrider
04-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Had pizza last night. Had left overs.... then someone broke into my house and stoll the left overs:( But he didn't find the left over chicken wings, so that was breakfast this morning! :D

L8r,

loscann
04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Reheated pizza for breakfast yum - i think it is better once it has been reheated.

IcyMist
04-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Actually I vacuum pack the pizza and freeze it where I can spread it out over a few months. :) I can't pig out that way.

John Hughes
04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Had a Pizza Express "Sloppy Guisepe" for lunch yesterday, had some more for tea....mmmmm...

rigrider
04-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Do you ever actually drink tea at tea??? Everyone calls it tea!!! No one ever drinks bloody tea!!! (This includes my grandparents who were direct from england.....all they ever drank was booze!)

L8r,

Digi Pixie
04-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I drink tea after tea. :)

rigrider
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Then wouldn't that BE TEA?????? I still don't get it.

L8r,

IcyMist
04-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I have always thought that "Tea" was just an excuse to eat between meals. :)

John Hughes
04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by rigrider
Do you ever actually drink tea at tea??? Everyone calls it tea!!! No one ever drinks bloody tea!!! (This includes my grandparents who were direct from england.....all they ever drank was booze!)

L8r,

After dinenr we have tea and coffee... and before that, at elevenses we have tea and coffee... at tea we have tea.... tea is usually cakes and bread, whereas supper is osmething cooked.... why wouldn't we drink tea? :)

Phil_The_Rodent
04-03-2005, 05:25 PM
mmmm tea.

I miss table cream :(

MartinLee
04-03-2005, 05:36 PM
I think the english just drink tea 24/7.

personally i hate it.

oh yes theres no such thing as "english tea"

rigrider
04-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MartinLee

oh yes theres no such thing as "english tea"

Of course not silly! Tea can't speak!! What weird thing to say!!!:D

L8r,