PDA

View Full Version : Sony PSP

MartinLee
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Theres one in a games shop down the road from me sat next to a N DS
and the PSP looks much better. the graphics are amazing!

ricardo.pt
02-22-2005, 12:40 PM
yea martin, i read in a video game portuguese Mag, that the graphics are similar to the PS2, can you belive?
but i think the "Cisne design MITHOS" itĄs a litle better than PSP!

audigex
02-22-2005, 12:49 PM
i dont actually believe that they will be as good as ps2, maybe ps1 slightly more advanced

psp looks great but the DS is just plain cool, loadsa really fun games you dont actually want... real gaming!

MartinLee
02-22-2005, 12:54 PM
the psp's graphics are better than the ps1! shocking!
the screens on ds looked kinda crappy

ricardo.pt
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
yes, i really whant to have that PSP!
but i really think that the "Cisne design MITHOS" will beat the sales records all over the world.
have you ever seen her?

MartinLee
02-22-2005, 12:58 PM
no?

kristoficus
02-22-2005, 01:44 PM
PSP...Yes
DS...No

The dual screen thing is stupid...Whats wrong with one single, larger screen? Would mean more features too. The stylus that comes with it couldnt be cheaper. The touch screen, though a nice feature, isnt too responsive. The games are under par, as is the graphics. The design is also very...McDonalds Happy Meal toy looking.

As for the PSP...Now thats an impressive bit of kit. First of all its going to have modular add-ons which look set to include:
clip-on camera
clip-on keyboard
mobile phone enabling
and more

Also, the PSP plays videos, music, games, DVD movies (in the form of a UMD - Universal Media Disc: 80mm encased disc holding up to 1.8GB data). The graphics really are unbelievable for a handheld. Ridge Racer looks excellent, the FPS is amazing, and GT4 looks set to make the PSP the best selling handheld EVER. I wont be surprised if it breaks some records within the first week of UK sales.

MartinLee
02-22-2005, 01:48 PM
plus you can easily buy a backup battery for cheap and plug it in yourself

Davey
02-22-2005, 02:50 PM
The PSP is better then the DS but reality is that DS is alot cheaper then the PSP so more parents will buy a DS to please there kids.

But if you read carefully you will read that there still alot of bugs with the PSP :-/

MartinLee
02-22-2005, 03:00 PM
i heard the psp had a badly designed right directional button, sony have made no plans to correct it

ricardo.pt
02-22-2005, 03:19 PM
This is the MITHOS... isnĄt she a beauty?...:lol

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/208749/mithos.jpg

[Edited on 2/22/2005 by ricardo.pt]

kristoficus
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Martin, i had been told that theres some 'sticky' button problems and they are slowly recalling them for repairs/replacement. Also, the earlier, and some current versions have a very dodgy UMD tray. A slit twist of the console and it will pop-open.

Theres also a program floating about the web which adds new functionalities to current PSP's...Dont use it as it will render the unit completely useless, and Sony WONT repair or replace it, even if it is under warranty, since the software was released as an Alpha-Beta stage.

Finally...Youll be pleased to know that the PSP is actually one hell of a tough console. A video was released a while ago of some Japanese guys trying to demolish their PSP. They threw it to the ground, jumped on it, hit their car with it, ran over it, and it was only at about this stage where signs started showing that it was starting to break :lol Crazy Japanese with too much money for their own good.