View Full Version : spider web??
01-22-2003, 12:10 PM
anyone have a tutorial for making a spider web?
01-22-2003, 12:52 PM
This is Phil the Rodent's tut that came out real nice.
1. Create new canvas. I used 1200x1200, RGB.
2. Make the background black
3. Filter: Artist: Plastic Wrap (Crank everything)
4. Filter: Artist: Cutout (Max Levels, Min. Simplicity and Fidelity)
5. Filter: Stylize: Find Edges
6. Image: Adjust: Invert (Ctrl-I)
7. Filter: Distort: Pinch 100%
8. Image: Adjust: Auto Levels (Ctrl-Shift-L)
9. Select Black using Select: Colour Range or use the wand and Select: Similar and Invert the selection
10. Make new layer
11. Fill new layer with white (in the selection)
13. Make a new layer and use the line marquee to select a vertical line in the centre of the canvas and edit:stroke with white 2 pt
14. Make a horizontal marquee line on same layer and do the same
15. Duplicate layer to and rotate 45 degree, and merge the three layers above the background (link all and merge linked)
16. Fill the whole background with black again
17. Use layer styles to taste...
For the above, I threw on:
- Inner Shadow
- Outer Glow spread 0, Size 125 pixels
- Inner Bevel: Hard Chisel with depth 720% Size 73 px Soften 3 px
- Gradient Overlay: Opacity 95% Radial with the Copper Gradient; and
- Pattern Overlay: Opacity 42% with the Clouds texture
[Edited on 1/22/2003 by Elgreco]
01-22-2003, 11:38 PM
Thats cool Elgreco..did you get that from the tut Phil posted awhile back.I still got it in print :cool:
01-23-2003, 12:08 AM
That's the same one, I mentioned that at the top of the post. The cool thing is after I created it from Phil's tut I used the annotation tool to save the instructions, I wish I had done that for a lot of other crap that I had done.
01-26-2003, 06:20 AM
wow glad i found this :) thnaks
02-01-2003, 12:27 AM
i have translated a german tutorial using babelfish
here (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.photoshoptutorials.d e%2Fps%2Ftutorials%2Fspecial%2Fnet.php&lp=de_en&tt=url)
[Edited on 1-2-2003 by ordertheif]
02-01-2003, 01:48 AM
I like this part best, "With the Gauss soft draughtsman with 0,3 pixels radius we smear a little the careless points in the net."
I love babelfish... nice looking web...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.