PDA

View Full Version : Streetracing

V*diz
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Anyone in here street race? Can someone tell me what this whole 'Drifting' techinque is? I mean I've heard its like having an out of control car in control? Anyone done this before?

I myself dont race, im accident prone enough, and im a chicken...dont get me wrong, I love to DRIVE FAST, but I dont have NOS or anything or race people...... ;)

lyra
08-30-2004, 03:16 PM
I race, but I don't do much street racing. I've never heard of drifting. I will look into it though.

John Hughes
08-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I think it's a skid that helps you to turn corners - still going in the original dirction, but facing it at 90?, towards the bend.

MartinLee
08-30-2004, 03:38 PM
basicly a powerslide

Blitz
08-30-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah like a controlled turn, but you sorta fishtale (looks cool :P)

John Hughes
08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
The only way I know, is on our car trip to Switzerland, a motel in France had a PS2, with 2Fast 2Furious, or one of those street racing games - anyway, I was pretty good at getting "Jolie Drift!" on the screen :P

MartinLee
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
street racing probally isnt a good idea.

V*diz
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
hmmmmmmm....yeah, this whole drifting thing is all the rave these days, I was just curious. Thanks!

MinistryD
08-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Drifting is all about the art of keeping a car as far sideways possible round a pretermined course either on it's own or with/against another competitor. It is virtually the ultimate in car control as the car is always on the limit of spinning out.

kristoficus
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I am drift king in NFSU drift tracks :D Collosal 15000+'s :lol

I dont street race...I dont race...I dont drive...I dont have a license
But damn i have a passion for cars and motersports!

Science
08-30-2004, 05:23 PM
I was just told by a friend that over in China or somwhere they are really getting into "synchronized" drifting, which to me sounds crazy because it would be 3 cars side by side, all doing the same drift, and all the while keeping only like three inches between each car. Although this does come from the country that basically originated it, and perfected it. :D

I'll see if I can find the link he sent me on it.

John Hughes
08-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Science
I was just told by a friend that over in China or somwhere they are really getting into "synchronized" drifting, which to me sounds crazy because it would be 3 cars side by side, all doing the same drift, and all the while keeping only like three inches between each car. Although this does come from the country that basically originated it, and perfected it. :D

I'll see if I can find the link he sent me on it.

:cool: That would be good to see - sitting on the roff of the middle one.

MartinLee
08-30-2004, 05:38 PM
as they explode into a building :lol

MinistryD
08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
http://www.streetracing.org/japan/drift/drift1.jpg

movies anyone? >> [m e n t a l] (http://streetracing.org/movielinks/?c=2)

[Edited on 30/8/04 by Fuzzy Duck]

Viika
08-30-2004, 05:50 PM
fast cars and car racing are evil

MinistryD
08-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Fast cars and safe racing is the ultimate arenaline buzz. Nothing like hearing your engine redlining in top gear with nothing but open road ahead of you.

John Hughes
08-30-2004, 06:03 PM
:o In "RX-7 Doing a crazy Drift", there's about 2 inches of protection for the crowd, should he spin rather than drift.

MinistryD
08-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by John Hughes
:o In "RX-7 Doing a crazy Drift", there's about 2 inches of protection for the crowd, should he spin rather than drift. I honestly think that's a race track and the guy in the orange rx is just showing off in front of the start/finish straight or he's won cause note the car behind just goes straight by.

V*diz
08-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Awsome! That multiple car drift looks SWEET! It doesnt suprise me that china and Japan are the countries perfecting this neat technique! It looks fabulous.....I tire companies must love DRIFTERS, becasue im sure it RIPS on the tires MEGA! Brand New tires tore up in 5 minutes!

Warmodder
08-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Those import street races are awesome to see. They've all got custom parts and those loud exhausts. It's illegal here in the states to race but people still do it. Hence the name NFS: Underground.

Viika
08-30-2004, 07:23 PM
i think it is time to sing the Oil song.
Everybody, sing with me!:

oil oil oil !
boil boil boil !
let's spill it on momma nature's soil
and forget about the fuuuutuuuurČeeeey hey hey heeey !

don't get mad i'm just kidding
ask Kristoficus if ya don't believe meh :D

Sideburnt
08-30-2004, 10:04 PM
im not a big fan of cars, would rather they all ground to a halt, and became relics of a fast noisey dirty era. Streetracing is a fudging stupid thing to get involved in, one of my friends got severly hurt in one, great fun if you think computer games that push the boundaries of common sense are real.

anyway, heres what i think of cars....
LINK (http://www.imbas.co.uk/rebel67.jpg)

lyra
08-31-2004, 02:02 AM
Didn't know the term for it.

Street racing is very dangerous when done illegally. For the drivers, spectators, and innocent bystanders.

Racing is a lot of fun, but it is definetly something that should be done in the proper place, like a race track. Or a video game. hehe.

Talk about an adrenaline rush!

Fast cars and safe racing is the ultimate arenaline buzz. Nothing like hearing your engine redlining in top gear with nothing but open road ahead of you,

I totally agree!

Zimm, you could probably do it in a Ford Lightning, or a fixed up F150. Give it a shot. Actually, don't. LOL!

PNeal
08-31-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by the good reverend zi:mm
wonder if that'll work in an f150??
That's a good question... I'll have to try that in the morning when I drop the kid off at school. It might be tough with a long bed though.
j/k ;)

John Hughes
08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
I have to agree with Sideburnt - getting hyped up about a form of transport baffles me. People can actually start drooling after a high speed metal framework.
Especially if you can't drive - the only hype I can imagine is being in one, rather than looking at one.

In my case, I think it's time for the eco-friendly transport revolution: long live the pogo stick!

kristoficus
08-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Art. Metal work. Abstract wood work. I look at it and think ok, so? Its just metal/wood. But to art lovers they may fall weak at the knees and think how magnificent it is.

Well...The EXACT same thing goes for sports cars etc. Us car lovers look at the sleek curves, mean grilles, big scoops and think...Amazing, sexiest machine ive ever seen...Whereas other people (like you) cant understand how some people love all that 'fast metal'.

We all have different thoughts and opinions my friend :D Some love cars, some dont. Some love women (like me), some dont (like straight women). Some people adore literature, some dont.

Watching a car speed from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds then doing an aggressive drag is like watching a birth in motion, or watching a beautiful portrait take shape :)

John Hughes
08-31-2004, 12:14 PM
:lol I still favour the pogo stick

MinistryD
08-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Drag racing is not racing though, track racing is racing, you need turns to race. :)

John Hughes
08-31-2004, 12:32 PM
:) Tell that to the people that do the 100m sprint.

MinistryD
08-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by John Hughes
:) Tell that to the people that do the 100m sprint. I will when I hear of athletes with v8, v12 xxxbhp engines with a customized ecu installed perhaps.

Titchimp
08-31-2004, 01:04 PM
i dis[ise street racing.. games arnt bad but two og my sisters friends died in a race, the tried to overtake the other guy and as they did he accelerated forcing them into a tree, hes in prison now, nothing more than he deserves:mad: