PDA

View Full Version : Degrated Myself to Member

Realist
08-07-2004, 06:49 PM
i'm now part of the majority http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/party/beerchug.gif

it was a pleasure working as a super admin but i feel i wasn't doing my job... being here and seeing the board hacked twice is two times too much... i feel i'm responcible and have demoted myself back to member

i'd like to say that i'm sorry and hope everything can run smoothly from here on

MartinLee
08-07-2004, 06:52 PM
I didnt even know it had been hacked. when?

I think it would help if the forum version was updated.

John Hughes
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
:) As long as you're still around - now shift dirt with the rest of us, before your senior sees you slacking!

kiwicolin
08-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Dude, you don't have to do that, you have been an awesome admin :)

mkeefe
08-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Realist, you didn't cause the hack, it was just an oversight by XMB. You have put so much time, and good into this site. I am sure you are making a decision that is right to you. Well it is cool to see you will be still around.

cfire
08-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Sorry Realist, but we refuse to accept your resignation. :)

Phil_The_Rodent
08-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Non-acceptance: 1
Resignation: 0

Titchimp
08-07-2004, 08:00 PM
i also will not accept this resignation :)

kiwicolin
08-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Non -Acceptance 2
Acceptance 0

mkeefe
08-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Non -Acceptance 3
Acceptance 0

Realist
08-07-2004, 08:08 PM
if i would have upgraded when i said i was going to we wouldn't have had any problems...

i'm no coder... hell... i don't even know photoshop... i think mkeefe is the perfect replacement... look at his experiance and the things he's done... my portfolio = 0

i came to photoshopcafe.com as a newbie eager to help with the board since i've messed with xmb (an already coded, easy to download and upload, message board)

there isn't much i can offer as and admin... i'm a pretender... i do it with about everything i say i know how to do

John Hughes
08-07-2004, 08:09 PM
:) Chin-up - makes the job even more adventurous iof you don't know crud about it.

Non-acceptance : 4
Acceptance : 0

kiwicolin
08-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Realist - We know that your not a Photoshop God and noone cares. We don't like you for what you can do or not do! We like you for who you are! A cool, funny, caring and helpful person!

* sniff* We love you man

Realist
08-07-2004, 08:29 PM
what everyone has said means a lot... i just feel horrible... when i saw that the cafe was down again... it felt like someone kicked me in the stomach...

should i be this emotionally attached to the board?... i don't know but i guess i am...

maybe i just need some time off... again

mkeefe has already asked if he could take over the custom titles thread... since i'm a member i'm sure he'll get right on it

thanks again but i'm sure things won't miss a beat

Phil_The_Rodent
08-07-2004, 08:40 PM
We're all committed to and emotionally attatched to this board -- and the community and family that we have become. The forum never missed a step even though we were hacked; don't even consider it. I certainly understand the need for some downtime though... I know I need some too... a little vacation. Well, if that's what you need, I'll support your decision, and I hope you're feeling better soon...

cfire
08-07-2004, 09:31 PM
We still don't accept your resignation. :)
It seems obvious to me that everyone feels pretty much the same way I do, you're one of us whether you like it or not .:P

UniqueDesigns
08-07-2004, 09:37 PM
member or staff realist u still contribue to da cafe and ur and awesome guys :D

i bid u well with ur desicion

kiwicolin
08-07-2004, 09:53 PM
I second and third Frank.

Take a break, kick up your feet and then come back ...as an Admin :)

Cappy
08-07-2004, 09:58 PM
You need to do what is right for you.......... and as far as I am concerned, I support your decison.......... but only if it is "Right" for you. It is very easy amongst artists to feel like you are out in left field or that "no one cares" ........... and sometimes I bet you wonder why you would spend any of your time working, socializing or helping people on a board that consists mainly of avatars and sigs as a representation of individual souls........... souls that you will probably never meet in the real time world.

Realist, you're are a special character. I remember when I first came on you always posted and if I got bored I knew I could come on here and you would be here. This was at a time in my life that I was forced into a lot of changes and I needed a place like this and a character like you and the others to come to. I don't place a value on anyones title........... that is all that they are, titles. Making the holders no more or no less important than anyone else. So, as long as you are around........... that is the important thing to me.................as long as it is right and as long as you continue to be a part of this family.
For what it is worth, I may be in the background a lot, not too popular and looked upon as a little weird in the way that I view art and the world we live in....... but I have developed an attachment to this address and I assure you its ok to have an attachment like this one.......

As far as the board being hacked............ I don't think many on here were aware of it or affected by it. As I have always believed........... "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone".
This is a minor thing in comparison to all of the good that you have done and I want to take this chance to say thank you for that energy and time spent when you could have been elsewhere doing other things for other people.
Sooooooooooo chin up dude :cool: and Rock On! Cappy

MinistryD
08-07-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't accept your resignation, then again I can't stand up from falling down so it doesn't really matter anyway. Realist you are the life, the soul ... well maybe not but you are definitely the cheese and crackers of the CAFE, compared to you except the grand master colin we are all biscuits. Yes I know I'm not making juch self (much sense - Ed) but when do I ever? Aha see ...anyywaaaaaaayyy Realist I respect your decision and whatever makes you happy go for it but watch out for buses as they can be quite unpredicatble.

I have no idea what the above means, all I do know is that they will never find milk on mars. Huh? Dunno, Okay, wanna continue? sure .... Realist clear your head just like me (didn't take long, it was empty to begin with - Ed) and come back fighting sh ...oops almost ...fit from going to the gymn and smile for the camera and buy yourself a suit with a free ice-cream, peace !!

Digi Pixie
08-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Please don't take it to heart like that! I agree with everyone else...you didn't do anything wrong! You're great at what you do... I hope that if you choose to stay as a regular member you still decide to pop in & give us the pleasure of your company...I for one think you're a great guy...whether you're the cheese on the cracker of the forum or the bee's knees or the cat's pyjamas...you're up there with the best of them! Please don't feel bad! xxx :notworthy

Martin
08-08-2004, 10:22 AM
You did nothing wrong here Realist...

Now pick yerself up... dust yerself down and hold yer head up high and get back to helping make this beautiful CAFE a better place to be...

You can only really do this properly as a Board Admin... keep telling him everyone.. :)

(go on Realist, ya know ya want to...!!)

cooliologyer
08-08-2004, 10:58 AM
some stupid people killing other innocent people now in the other side of the world. so what can i do? will i suicide myself or what have i do? that is not solution.

i am thinkig that, your decision is not a solution. sorry, i would like to see you as an admin :)

kristoficus
08-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Im sure your sitting wondering what you want to do...stay a normal member or do what you do best and help keep the forum in tip top shape.

Now i know nothing about hacking and it will stay that way till i die...But i do know that its impossible to stop hacking. Prevention, yes, but a complete halt is impossible. You know yourself these damn script kiddies sit night and day figuring out what they can do to cause a stir...Eventually they find a path and they walk it.

Seriously, you cannot blame anyone at all for the forum getting hacked. Anyway, if you stay resigned who is going to look after us? If Colin 'hires' another person the hack count could jump up to 10 before xmas...Im sure if you stayed on the team those attempts would be kept to a minimum.

Now...Stand up and slap yourself in the face...Then say your being stupid for thinking it was your fault. Now walk up to Colin and say "I demand my place back Cap'n. I have evaluated that non of it is my fault and i wanna do my best as always!"

Of course, its all 100% up to you so do what you want...Personally i feel the above should be thought about. You had nothing to do with it and being hacked was inevetable.

MinistryD
08-08-2004, 06:50 PM
I would love Realist to return but at the end of the day it is upto him, I personally want him back as he was a good laugh and good company and a good ambassador for the CAFE but then again he was exactly the same as a member before. :)

Realist doesn't need a title, he just has to be himself and people will like him. I kinda know what he's going through (not completely though) about watching the CAFE being hacked (it wasn't the CAFE it was XMB that was hacked) and not knowing some programs as well as we would like but then it takes time and practice and a lot of self-discipline to progress along with a bit of luck, and with a community like the CAFE it's made that little bit easier.

So Realist take all the time you need, if you're feeling useless (at the moment I feel this way too) and thinking nothing is going right, (hence why I want this year to be gone) dont cause it as bad it seems, I suppose you gotta look at the good things and around you, things can only get better but you have to make the first step, I know this now and I'm feeling slightly better, not on top of the world but I don't feel down all the time.

Take it easy mate, have fun, clear your head and return when you're ready. :)

dcloud
08-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Realist,

You are NOT responsible for the board being hacked, unless of course you were the hacker, which I know you are not.

Colin would not make just anybody a moderator on his own personal forum. He obviously saw some things in you - good things - that prompted his decision.

You must start seeing these things in yourself as well.

I don't know anything about you, buddy ... but I am going to go out a limb here and say that perhaps you might not think very much of yourself, which can prompt a person to do things like take responsibility for something that wasn't even their fault.

Realist, you are a unique person. There is only ONE of you in the whole world. There are many people on this board who like you. It may be that you don't like yourself, and if that is true then only you can change that.

You do not have to carry the weight of the world, my friend. Believe me, I know. You should stay a moderator, because that would be the best thing you could do for yourself.

You can do it. And if you are a hacker, well then ... we know where you live .... muhahahahaaa

:)

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by dcloud]

Realist
08-08-2004, 08:53 PM
i've hit "add reply" a few times after reading all of the replies and don't know what to say... i read them a couple times and it leaves me speechless

you guys are great and i thank you for the warm posts

if colin would like to give me super admin again... i'll take it but i really do need a break or if all of us admin/mods would get the same Instant Messanger so we could communicate and help each other out more while we're online... i think that would make a huge differenece

just a thought

John Hughes
08-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Welcome back - like everyone else, I like you lots, you're such a nice guy, and you did your job better than I'd of done it.

In the words of "The Yardbirds",
"Mr. You're a better man than I"

dcloud
08-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Realist
i've hit "add reply" a few times after reading all of the replies and don't know what to say... i read them a couple times and it leaves me speechless

if colin would like to give me super admin again... i'll take it but i really do need a break or if all of us admin/mods would get the same Instant Messanger so we could communicate and help each other out more while we're online... i think that would make a huge differenece

just a thought

I think that's a great idea. Communication is the key ... it's what makes the team work.

And yes, by all means, take a break. Don't overload yourself with too much. If it starts to get to heavy then let Colin know - from what I know of Kiwi you can probably talk to him about anything anytime.

kiwicolin
08-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Welcome back, your now SA again :)
Take as much time as you need :)

Phil_The_Rodent
08-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Realist

just a thought

Given the various locations I post from (currently 3 different machines, none of them mine -- mine will be back up and running hopefully around the 20th), I can't guarantee an IM. But I'm hourly or more frequently checking the cafe and my e-mail so U2U or PM or email me anytime.

TechZsue
08-09-2004, 05:09 AM
my forum got hacked too, just after i finished reading the advisory about upgrading. XMB is really great about helping me sort things out. i'll be back up running with the upgrade in no time. i also managed to report the guy and apparently it's his third offense.....so anyway, don't go beating yourself up about it. it happens to the best of us.

don't leave me like this....you know i love ya

emm
08-09-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm glad this got sorted out, Realist, you were on of my first favorite people at the cafe.

Don't bash yourself on this, everybody makes mistakes, the difference between winners and losers are that the winners get over it and move on. I got you cut out as a winner. By the looks of this thread, it wasn't even your fault. and even if it was, like I said, we all make mistakes.

I do however understand how being an admin can be a strain, and I just want to say that the efforts of the admins are much appreciated, which is not said often enough. You all do a wonderful job in keeping this place running smoothly, and I feel your very much present, which I think is one heavy factor in making this place the best.

hugs all around. :)

cfire
08-09-2004, 03:33 PM
I (like Phil) am on many different machines and I find IM too distracting when I'm working but I also check in every couple of hours when I can so a quick u2u or email will almost always be answered fairly quickly. :) Hey Realist, welcome back! :)

fotodog
08-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Realist --> What would we do with out you man.

But hey, what can I say that hasn't been said enough all ready. You da' man.

You know, we really need to connect since we live so close. Yea, Yea we've IM a couple of times, but hell let's do it.

I'll u2u you and we'll actually plan something this time!!!

Glad you're back!

uk2usadaz
08-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Realist what ever you do...
We still "LOVE YA MAN" :)

**Note just a figure of speach**
Don't get the wrong idea

kristoficus
08-10-2004, 10:52 AM
:lol @ Daz :lol

Davey
08-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Realist I'm glad your over the fact that you've failed.
I truelly am

Your doing a great job and for all the time I've been on this board nothing went wrong.
so you make a mistake, your human.

And now that your staying you will get a free beer the next time I'm in the US