PDA

View Full Version : Who's who???

Digi Pixie
01-06-2004, 08:14 AM
I've made 2 terrible social gaffs in the past 24 hours...I assumed emm & bionicgeek were guys! :( Sorry!

Some people's usernames may give their gender away, but others are not so obvious. I know in the scheme of things (I mean, in terms of your work) it's irrelevant, but if it's not considered an invasion of privacy, would people be kind enough to share whether they are male or female?

My name's Barry by the way...I'm a lorry driver! :lol

bionicgeek
01-06-2004, 08:21 AM
funny...very..funny:lol:lol

You already let my secret Identity out...I'm a girl.

Cheers

Oh Yeah just call me Jamie (as in Summers);)

dcloud
01-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Barry? That's an odd name for a girl .... is it an English thing?

Y'all know me .... Doug/Male/Michigan

Digi Pixie
01-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Aarrrrggghhh! I blew your cover! Sorry again! I'm so good at putting my foot in it, it's almost supernatural! :lol:lol:lol

Digi Pixie
01-06-2004, 08:28 AM
dcloud, I'm Australian! And my name's really Karena...& I don't really drive lorries...:(

emm
01-06-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm happy!
and female.

traerene
01-06-2004, 09:24 AM
i'm a girl too... but i think y'all already knew that since phil doesn't date boys. :lol

albert_gouws
01-06-2004, 10:27 AM
sheesh only gals on this forum by the looks of things ,

albert/male/18/new zealand

Martin
01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
My name is Martin and I'm definitely male... :D

dcloud
01-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by albert_gouws
sheesh only gals on this forum by the looks of things ,

albert/male/18/new zealand

:lol:lol

albert_gouws
01-06-2004, 11:20 AM
:x lol :lol not that many then

Viika
01-06-2004, 11:25 AM
i'm viika and i'm an alien. we don't have sexes on my home planet.

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 02:43 PM
*hold on a second* I have to check again to make sure. Yep! Still there! I'm a guy. Just verified it! *lol* I'm T.L. from Kentucky.

T.L.

magneto243
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Well thought i m8 join in on the fun :) im Jesse Hoffman and of course male at 21 years of age :)

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by the good reverend zi:mm
i'm zi:mm, the good reverend, and i don't have sex on my home planet because my girlfriend is mad at me for something......i forget what though?!?!?!?

but....if i don't know, then she's not going to tell me!!!! :(

The good rev,

You didn't forget her birthday or anniversary? Or did she get her haircut lately and you didn't notice it? Or maybe she knows something that you did that she found out about and waiting to see if you will tell her or she asked you about it and you lied to her? Or maybe she isn't mad at you. Maybe she wants to see if you really love her for her rather than for sex? *lol* Ok, I know that can't be one. *lol* But sometimes, the best approach is to directly ask her. Not to mention several dozen of roses! Or do like I do with my Princezz. Create her something in photoshop. Put your heart and soul into it. It worked for me!

TRexSmarts

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 03:38 PM
The Good Rev,

Yeah, women are unpredictable. Guys don't listen to women like the women listen to us. And I don't mean just listen to them, you really have to listen and understand them. That's what all women want. They say they don't but it boils down to it. Women are like delicate silk rose. You have to be gentle with them or else they can make your life a miserable hell. Sorry for that. Anyway, go and buy some roses and apologize for the throwing out of the keepsake things. Then make a compromise so that won't happen again by making sure it won't be thrown away if marked on a box that says save. Better yet, see if you can track some of the stuff down? That would be a good gesture on your part.

TRexSmarts

kristoficus
01-06-2004, 03:43 PM
My names Christina
I'm 18 years of age
I'm female
I live in the UK

Digi Pixie
01-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Well I don't know about the other females around here, but here's one girl who bears absolutely no resemblance to a "delicate silk rose"!

And Martin's a boy???!!! :o There you go - another surprise! :lol

Traerene...I really like your sig! :)

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Digi Pixie
Well I don't know about the other females around here, but here's one girl who bears absolutely no resemblance to a "delicate silk rose"!

What would you resemble than?

T.L.

Realist
01-06-2004, 04:27 PM
soon to be 26 and i'm male... it should have been easy to know since my avatar is male ;)

nevada/minnesota

TraXter
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
male... :)

kristoficus
01-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by kristoficus
My names Christina
I'm 18 years of age
I'm female
I live in the UK

:lol Surprised nobody has said anything...Ohh no, you dont really think im a girl, do you? :lol

Sorry, i was pulling your leg there.

My names Christopher, im 18 and im male :D

MinistryD
01-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Aim: ckmonkeyboy85
Yahoo: ck_monkeyboy85
MSN: ck_monkeyboy85@hotmail.com
Location Bonnie Auld Scotlin'
Birthday: May 24, 1985
Bio: Well im a typical Scotsman - in other words im always chatting up lovely females and im always drinking anything containing a traces of alcohol :lol

I just got my final year qualifications from high school and they are to my Universities satisfaction so from September, 2003, i shall be a studying an honours degree in 'multimedia systems'

Area+browN
01-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Dam, more women on pscafe than I though :O

M/16/UK - B'ham :D

kristoficus
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
:lol Hmm, dunno. Do you really think that gave it away? Hmm, not sure.

This topic has arisen a couple of times over the past months. It is sometimes a shock to hear the true 'you'. You picture a guy in your mind because of a name only to find out its actually someone of a female gender *shock*.

I think its great though how we're getting more and more female visitors though. Even better, i think its brilliant how we're getting more and more international members - people from Iran, Germany, Sweden etc.

Colin, going along with those statistics i would say you have one of the most widely spread well-known graphics (or at least photoshop related) forum on the internet :notworthy

Phil_The_Rodent
01-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Graphics demographics? ;)

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Phil_The_Rodent]

Viika
01-06-2004, 05:57 PM

you said it, girl friend!

traerene
01-06-2004, 06:21 PM
phil... :lol

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Traerene,

I love your sig but please stay away from me with that needle. I hate needles! *lol*

TRexSmarts

traerene
01-06-2004, 06:37 PM
:lol thanx, but trust me... it won't hurt a bit... ;) (i always hate when doctors say that, because you know it's a crock... i think they get some sick satisfaction outta it! :lol)

Area+browN
01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
lol@ phil :D

TRexSmarts
01-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by traerene
:lol thanx, but trust me... it won't hurt a bit... ;) (i always hate when doctors say that, because you know it's a crock... i think they get some sick satisfaction outta it! :lol)

I wonder how many times they been given shots. Then they think it's funny when they do get their hands on a needle and they turn to you and say "bend over". *lol* That's when I run from the room screaming not opening the door just busting right through it. *lol*

TRexSmarts

mutiny
01-06-2004, 08:32 PM
chris / male / la california / 23

dcloud
01-06-2004, 08:36 PM
I was born without a left ear and I spent seven years in and out of a hospital from the time I was 7 until I was fourteen while getting a new ear made.

By the time I left that hospital my butt looked like a pin-cushion - so no, needles don't bother me anymore.

Ashworks
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
w00t im a girl!!! and proud!!!

Pitch Black
01-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Wasn't gonna post as my avatar says it all.

I'm a grumpy, slightly crazy, 37 year old male on the verge of old age :) manchester uk

MinistryD
01-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Pitch is 37 !! :o WOW man from your posts I thought you were around early 20's bro.

Payment's on the way right? :D

dcloud
01-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pitch Black

I'm a grumpy, slightly crazy, 37 year old male on the verge of old age :) manchester uk

Hey Grumpy .... good to meet you :lol

I hear you. I'm 43 and I got that Grumpy Old Guy act down pat.

Pitch Black
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
cheers dcloud.

funny enough, most people act suprised when i tell em, cuz every 1 reckons i look about 25/28.

Get it every time mate :D

dcloud
01-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah, people freak when they learn my real age, too. They all think I look about 21-25 years old.

It may seem cool, but then they aren't the ones who have to live with it every day. I'm sure you know what I mean.

albert_gouws
01-06-2004, 09:33 PM
its good to learn all the people on the forum, who they REALLY are :P

Pitch Black
01-06-2004, 09:35 PM
I know exactly what u mean doug.

Still getting turned away from pubs for being underage when i was 21! (oh, in uk legal age for drinking is 18

Thankfully that don't happen anymore! might be because of my thinning hair :)

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Pitch Black]

uk2usadaz
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Darren (Daz) / Male / age 33

emm
01-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Viika

Count me in!

fotodog
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Greg
20 in fotodog years
male
Saint Paul

You guys crack me up.
Trae keep away from me with that poker;)

TaipanMX
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Mark/old geezer...49/Australian living and working in London.

There's only two things that drive me crazy...

Vanity, and a dirty mirror.....:cool:

agd-A
01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
names alec
im 14
live in bc canada

big_P
01-06-2004, 11:24 PM
name : Joseph (call me Joe)
sex : male

TechZsue
01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
just finished cleaning the house...must be female

but in my next life i plan to be male or a cat. both species do about the same around the house.

dcloud
01-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Not all males are like that. And women are just as bad .... take my ex-wife, for instance:

She had so much trash in her house I had to literally shovel a path to each room. And when I finally "uncovered" the laundry room it was piled almost to the ceiling with clothes. When I finally excavated the kitchen closet, this was filled with about twelve big black Hefty bags of trash.

Needless to say, we were not together for very long.

bionicgeek
01-07-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by emm

Originally posted by Viika

Count me in!

Ditto!!:lol

Ashworks
01-07-2004, 01:25 AM
delicate rose?? pffffft

Come on boys who wants to sumo?? ill take you all down

GRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad:

albert_gouws
01-07-2004, 01:26 AM
i cleaned my room this morning, and im male :), i try and clean it at least once in 2 weeks (dust and vacuum)

dcloud
01-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Ashworks
delicate rose?? pffffft

Come on boys who wants to sumo?? ill take you all down

GRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ahhh, a woman after my own heart .... :lol

Digi Pixie
01-07-2004, 02:03 AM
TaipanMX mentioned 2 things that drive him crazy...

Mine are...

people who drive below the speed limit, hogging the overtaking lanes, and...

when people move my fridge magnets around (which they do on purpose coz they know I hate it) or move my book spines so they're not parallel to the shelf (yep, that's right, I'm an anal-retentive control freak!). AAAARRRGGHHH! :mad:

Oh, & a third one...hate grubby fingerprints on my sunglasses

albert_gouws
01-07-2004, 02:07 AM
digi pixie:

i also hate fingermarks on my sunglasses!!

other things that i hate is people getting into my car with muddy shoes, people eating in my car, teaching people how to use computer programs (like people that doesnt know what the diff between left and right click is!)

thats about it, ah, and when im in the middle coding a function in php and someone goes, ALBERT!!! go make me some coffee would yuou, or albert, come help me with this , LOL :lol

big_P
01-07-2004, 02:28 AM
i hate..

being bored

school (only the work part i like the rest)

taking the train ( fighting to get in)

taking the metro ( fighting to get it)

ummm yeah thats about it .. :(
why do i hate so much stuff i hate hating so much :(

loiosh
01-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Pitch Black

AAAHHHH! Say it ain't so!!!! If you're on the verge of old age, then I must already be in the ground at 41:o:P
Just Kidding:lol
I'm a girl in Mulino, Oregon, with way too many critters.:cool:

bionicgeek
01-07-2004, 04:00 AM
While people are talking about hates:

Dislike:

Beans of any description
Small dogs that Bark

Dislike Intensely:

Anything to do with Windows (cleaning or computing)
Big Money Sucking Government Backed Corporations
Diet Coke

Love:

Mac
Wacom
Chocolate covered...

:D

TaipanMX
01-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Actually, the two things I mentioned were a parody on Vanity and ego. Nonetheless, if we are on a "things I hate" roll...

Teaching people computer work, only to find out the next week they have done SFA and you spend half the time re-teaching it...:mad:

Realising that all the jokes I made about the age of my parents (when I was younger) are coming back to haunt me now I AM that age...:o

And finally...

People in London (on finding out I come from Sydney, Australia) ask: "Oh, do you know....?" expecting me to know everyone in Sydney on a first name basis...AAAAHHHHHHHHH...:mad::mad:

dualdesigns
01-07-2004, 01:58 PM
waves hand...

Amy - and yes of course im a female

:lol

kristoficus
01-07-2004, 03:58 PM
No shock there :)

Dislike: Dr Pepper
My little brother
Cartoon Network (brother drives me mental with it)
Millionaires (im not one, so i hate em' all)

Most things computing
Motor Racing (F1, F3000, Stock, Indy etc)
MY N-GAGE :D

JimmyPin
01-07-2004, 06:51 PM
..it's true- it's true. i'm a guy.
-sorry to let all you male bachelors down- (the one's that, for some reason, thought i must be britney spears) i am, for a fact, not britney spears- and i'm sick to flyin hell 'bout those damn u2u's of inquiry of which better sam hill stop now- since i've publicly denounced the whole notion of me being britney spears. :mad:

kristoficus
01-07-2004, 07:17 PM
OMG...R U BRITNEY SPEARS??? YAY!!!

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by kristoficus]

Pitch Black
01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
loiosh

way 2 many critters?..what r they?

lein
01-07-2004, 07:32 PM
i have few names displayed on the web because SOME guys are :mad:
stalkers yesterday got a post of someone who said i'd ripped a picture and linked to renderosity... to my own page under Mabel45 so hey :0 that's me someone else (erm a MAN) instantly came up with the some facts that 'we' must be the same person

rather encounter confusing matters like this though than all the fuzz related to which gender who is for me personally...

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by lein]

JimmyPin
01-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by kristoficus
OMG...R U BRITNEY SPEARS??? YAY!!!

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by kristoficus]
d@mnit!! :mad:
( :lol )

TechZsue
01-08-2004, 06:49 AM
you let me down Jimmy. thought you were another guitar girl.

albert_gouws
01-08-2004, 07:04 AM
is albert a commen name in america/europe ?

lein
01-08-2004, 12:29 PM
YES in The Netherlands it is VERY common (man's) name

BTW 'gouw' too...

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by lein]

Ashworks
01-08-2004, 12:52 PM
moving back to the like/dislike comments:

Dislikes:
When people dont know where theyre saving a file during send file on AIM. -- HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHERE YOUR SAVING SOMETHING?!?!?!
Teachers who think humiliating someone is the best insentive to get them to do work (damn nazis)
And these kids evan sopher and zoey orol....-shudder-

Those really really nice days that sneak up on you during the first few days of srping.
My In-denial-in-the-closet-but-also-married-and-having-a-baby-history teacher mr. slick

dcloud
01-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Dislikes:

1.) When someone's asks for suggestions/critiques and then blows a gasket when they don't like what you tell them.

2.) Living with other people.

1.) Photoshop

2.) My graphic design work and my writing.

aidensrevenge
01-08-2004, 04:07 PM
male here...sorry so late to tread. just hit the 28yr mark...but who keeps up with that in the art world?

Ty
01-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Male
:cool:

Likes: Guitar playing and art stuff not just computer art. The beach

Dislikes: PC vs. Mac crap (use what you want)
Fake people

JimmyPin
01-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by TechZsue
you let me down Jimmy. thought you were another guitar girl.
:lol ;) :lol

DijitalX
01-09-2004, 11:36 AM
male/24/florida

dislikes:
-people who lie
-slow drivers
-when you are behind a slow driver and move into the adjacent lane to pass and then those bastards speed up and you get trapped behind someone even worse.
-people who whine all the time

-my daughter (ok technically thats a 'love')
-anything beautiful
-playing rough
:D

D_A_Designer
01-10-2004, 04:59 AM
david/male/13/Calgary,Alberta, Canada

traerene
01-10-2004, 07:34 AM
-traveling
-art
-fashion
-spa days
-margaritas
-the beach
-the internet

loves:
-my daughters
-my boyfriend

dislikes:
-being sick
-being tired
-being broke
-people

Pitch Black
01-10-2004, 09:46 PM
DijitalX

dislikes:
-people who lie
-slow drivers
-when you are behind a slow driver and move into the adjacent lane to pass and then those bastards speed up and you get trapped behind someone even worse.
-people who whine all the time

man i have to agree with you on that! especially durin the rush our when every parent and their kid R duin the school run!

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Pitch Black]

myko
01-10-2004, 10:15 PM
male/26/vegas/mike

dislikes:(negativity!!!!

Wayne
01-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Wayne, 44
From Portsmouth UK
Married with two sons and one dog
Main hobby is fishing, but I love Photoshop (probably near addiction stage) and just dabble when I cant fish, just wish I was good at it!

dualdesigns
01-12-2004, 05:03 AM
Dislikes:
People who constantly im you on AIM even after you said brb so u can finish a prior conversation.. Text Stealers lol

Fish - Hate it - wont touch it - or eat it - or have a tank of them

The Dentist - need I say more?

People who reek like smoke, I smoke as well - but I am clean about it - hair up -hands washed after wards - mints.

My cat and my four inherited hamsters - (we promise mommy we will take care of them can u say Yeah RIGHT?)

Getting my back scratched until I fall asleep

Showers: SO invigorating - Im addicted

My hair - I think its my best feature -sounds kinda sad now that I read it

Loves:
My children (2 sons)
my b/f
naps

3Gospels
01-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Hey
Dustin/Washington/14
hackysack, dun let me catch u dissin the hack...
my lazy dog, just like me:D
dislikes:
school, anything rhymes with tomatoes, this small town in mid of nowhere.