View Full Version : helpless
01-05-2004, 01:16 PM
there was too many sections to put this under so im plonking it here and a mod will decide where it goes......I need tutorials for creating a full site using Swish v2..ive looked but have come up empty handed ive found templates but wish to work off my own back....PLZ HELP.......
01-05-2004, 01:18 PM
tell me if this helps
- moved -
[Edited on 1/5/2004 by Realist]
01-05-2004, 03:59 PM
thanx bro im still tryin 2 find a tutorial that helps you design a WHOLE site in flash ive seen it done like 2advanced.com obviously im not lookin 2 do anything like them lol but something would be nice :D
01-05-2004, 07:26 PM
You won't find much if any tutorials on how to build a flash website. For a site like http://2advanced.com , the founder Eric Jordan had tons of sweat and tears to get where he is today. Unfortuantly he merged with pixelranger a while back, now his work doesn't has the same feel as it did :( Somehow it lost that touch or detail his old work displayed.
01-05-2004, 09:07 PM
i dont want a site like 2advcaned i wanna no how to make a site in flash i used 2ad as an xample id neva get to that level lol
01-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Ah OK, well keep in mind it's going to take some dedication. A site like 2A has evolved from many years of trial and error. There really isn't no way to build a site like that or ones of that caliber in a few months. Keep in mind Flash is 25% of the work, the other 75% is ActionScript. Also a lot of the visual effects you see popping up all over (abusing the trend) are done with a program call After Effects and Photoshop, not FLASH.
If you want to build Stellar flash web sites, get ready to pay your dues. It's going to be atleast a few years before you can put out this caliber of work. Well unless you're one of those scumbags that rips, but that's a whole other story.
01-05-2004, 09:41 PM
kind of off topic but just went to look at 2d and must say that is totally awesome what he did. I love it.
01-05-2004, 10:12 PM
agen uve missed what im sayin bro lol..i dont want 2 build a site like his i was sayin that i wanted build a site in flash like he built hi site in flash i dont want those sort of effects lol....basically i wanna no how to make links an stuff usin swish cuz im havin trouble with all dat sorta stuff ive had swish v2 for a while an enva really looked at it
01-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Please stop using ebonics and use a spell checker. I didn't miss your point, I think you missed mine. It seems you're looking for a quick fix and want instant results.
thanx bro im still tryin 2 find a tutorial that helps you design a WHOLE site in flash ive seen it done like 2advanced.com obviously im not lookin 2 do anything like them lol but something would be nice
I told you there isn't many if any tutorials to hold your hand step by step building a Flash web site. Every designer/developer has his own techniques on how they structure and build a full flash front end. Now if you plan on building web sites with flash technology, I can't stress enough; USE MACROMEDIA FLASH.
01-07-2004, 03:52 AM
basically i wanna no how to make links an stuff usin swish
I know Swish is tempting, but Swish is not going to give you anything but grief. Swish is a perfect example of why open standards for plugins can be bad.
[Edited on 7-1-2004 by annexion]
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.